Wednesday, July 03, 2013

July 3, 2013 … ? Our Epitaph In Christ ?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 183

Passage of the Day #1: Psalm 115: 13 [What will our legacy be as Christians?] [NLT]  
13 He will bless those who fear the LORD, both great and small.
 Contextual Study involving today’s passage found in Psalms, Chapter 115Go to this link … 
============

 Reference Passage of the Day #1: Ephesians 3: 20 (Blessings more than I could ever imagine!) [NLT] …  
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  … Please hear Hillsong, singing the powerful song of worship and praise “Jesus, You’re All I need” 

My Journal for Today: Os Hillman opens his devotional entry today with some very pointed questions: ” What will be written on your epitaph? How do you want people to remember you? What type of legacy will your life leave behind?” And then it was sort of self stirring to realize that – in a very real way – I’m writing my epitaph and establishing my legacy as a Christian by the way I live. So, what do I want that legacy or epitaph to be?

Well, after some contemplation this morning, I think that I’d like for my family – or for you - to reflect on my life and to engrave my tombstone … Bill Berry: “He had a real thing to know God deeply!” But I don’t know whether you see me that way. In other words, do you see me as a Christian who is absolutely driven to go very deep into my relationship with my Lord; … i.e., do you see me as being almost compulsively in hot pursuit of intimacy in how I know and relate to my Savior? … Because that’s who I really am; and that’s why you find me here EVERY morning, digging deeper and deeper into the mind of God through His written word so that I can mine every thought which He has to give me. It’s why I pray EVERYDAY and often during the day for God to reveal Himself to me in my hot pursuit of His character and my understanding of the relationship I have with Him.

 Because I know the reality and truth behind what was taught to me years ago … that to KNOW God more is to love Him more … and to LOVE my Lord more is to OBEY Him more … and to OBEY Him more is to SERVE Him more … and to SERVE Christ more is to be blessed by Him more; … yes, more than I can every think or imagine [see Ephesians 3: 20 above]. So, I know that getting to know my God more is going to produce blessings in return more than I can every imagine. Therefore, maybe at the core of what I pursue as my legacy is just my selfishness to have all which my God has for me in my life.

But I do know this for sure! Whatever I have already gleaned in my life from my obsession to know my God has produce way/way more than I deserve; and knowing my Lord more deeply today than yesterday and even more tomorrow is a worthy pursuit; and I pray that my life pursuit will continue to produce even more blessings for my future … for my legacy.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, as the song which I shared to worship You today states, “Jesus, You’re all I need!” But I want more, Lord; so I’ll be here tomorrow in hot pursuit of knowing You … all about You … to the very depths of Your willingness to reveal Yourself to me. Oh, Lord, help me to know You more and more and more. … Amen

No comments: