Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23, 2014 … Death? … Not a problem!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 113

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear the group Hillsong leading in the singing of Jesus, You’re All I Need, reminding us that Jesus’ resurrection and His sacrifice are all we need to know that death has no sting in our life.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: 1st Corinthians 15: 54-55a [NKJV] …  
54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” [Isaiah 25: 8] … 55 “O Death, where is your sting? [Hosea 13: 14] 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: 1st Corinthians 15: 50-58 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1: John 14: 1-3 [NKJV] …  
1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Reference Passages #2: 2nd Corinthians 5: 8 [NKJV] …   
8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

My Journal for Today: In today’s Our Daily Bread devotional issue, I was reminded by the highlight Bible passage from the Apostle Paul’s teaching in 1st Corinthians, Chapter 15 that any Christian should have no fear of death. Because even as the Old Testament prophets taught and foreshadowed, “death has no sting” over one who puts his faith in The Messiah (see Paul’s quote of the Prophets Isaiah and Hosea in 1st Cor. 15: 54-55).

Fellow Christian, have you ever gone to a funeral or memorial service for a non-believer and then compared the atmosphere to such a service for a born-again Christian? Totally different, isn’t it? In the funeral for the non-believer there is a pall of doom and gloom; but in the service for the Christian, there is a celebration of life and the reality of how Christians totally believe in the truths of God’s word where Jesus told His disciples that He would prepare a place in Heaven for them; and what Paul wrote about to the church in 2nd Cor. 5: 8 … that to be absent from the body (in death) is to be present with the Lord (in Heaven).

 Do I sense a “Hallelujah!” from any reading with me here?! … Well, if you haven’t said it, say it now with me … HALLEUJAH!!!  ...

Really, there is nothing more that needs to be said; and I would just charge you to go back and listen to the song to which I’ve linked you above, where Hillsong leads us in singing that Jesus is all we need. He did it all on the cross; and our belief in His finished work has taken all the sting out of death and points us toward His glory.

My Prayer for Today … Yes, Lord …in You death has no sting. … HALLELUJAH!!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: