Saturday, April 26, 2014

April 26, 2014 … Humility Is The Key

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 116

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go this video link to hear Daniel O’Donnell singing the Here I Am Lord, declaring the humble desire to be available to serve God faithfully.
=============


 Highlight Passage – NKJV: 2nd Chronicles 7: 14 [NKJV] …  
14 If My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 
============
Highlight Passage [Context] #1 – NKJV: 2nd Chronicles 12: 1-8 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passages #1: Proverbs 3: 34 [NKJV] …  
God resists the proud; but gives grace to the humble.

Reference Passages #2: Philippians 2: 5-11 [NKJV] … Please seek, read, and meditate on this passage about the humility of Christ.

My Journal for Today: Today my Our Daily Bread reminded me that God’s key to His enriching, enlightening, enabling, and empowering grace is Christ’s character trait of humility. And every one of the Scripture passages to which you are either linked or can read above attests to that truth.

Here’s what it all boils down to. If we, as the people called by God’s Name (i.e., “Christians”), as 2nd Chronicles 7: 14 proclaims, desire to seek out and receive God’s grace for our lives, especially in dealing with the rough times we will undoubtedly encounter, we must be willing to humble ourselves before His throne of grace, coming to our Lord and praying for Him to pour that grace out to save us from ourselves.

As I am time pressed today at the time of this posting (shame on me!!) … I pray we, as Christians, can personalize and internalize this truth.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I come humbly to You … BEGGING for Your grace this day. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: