Friday, April 04, 2014

April 4, 2014 … Regular Maintenance

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 94

Devotional Song: Go to this link …  Please go to this video link to hear Queen Latifah singing the poignant and powerful song, Fix Me Jesus, … pleading for the Lord to fix what is broken our lives.
=============


Highlight Passage – NKJV: John 1: 42 [NKJV] …  
3 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up.
============
Highlight Passage [Context] – NKJV: Psalms, Chapter 5 [NKJV] … Go to this link 
=============

Reference Passage #1: Psalms 51: 17 [NKJV] …  
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart …

Reference Passage #2: Isaiah 26: 3 [NKJV] …  
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

My Journal for Today: Today my Our Daily Bread devotional segment reminded me of something my grandfather used to say about auto repair. He maintained that he would never own a Ford product because “F.O.R.D.” was an acronym for “Fix Or Repair Daily.” He had owned a lemon of a Ford car as his first auto; and besides the regular maintenance one would expect, this Ford apparently had to be fixed so often that my grandfather had it in for Ford cars.

Certainly any car that we own requires regular maintenance (see photo) to keep it in good, running condition; and our spiritual lives require much the same thing, especially these days in an age which puts so much pressure on our minds/hearts from Satan and the world. I’ve learned that if I don’t come here EVERY MORNING to maintain my Spirit by being with God in some quiet place with an attitude as is sung by Queen Latifah in today’s devotional son, my spiritual vehicle becomes vulnerable to break down.

My morning quiet times, where God’s truth does a check-up on my spirit; and praise, prayer, and supplication give me the peace I need for any day driving through life, are absolutely necessary to allow me to fix what is broken in my life.

So, here I am today, in spirit, singing along with my song today, Fix Me, Jesus, fix me!

My Prayer for Today … Yes, Lord, … fix me. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: