Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sept 27, 2014 … Wonderful Reunion

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 270

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please go this video link to see/hear Fernando Ortega singing his classic, Beyond The Sky, reminding us, so gloriously of ,what awaits us … the blessed reunion we’ll have with God Himself, our Christian family and friends … in Heaven … AMEN and HALLELUJAH!!!

 
Highlight Passage - 1st Thessalonians 4: 17-18 [NKJV] … 
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] - - 1st Thessalonians 4: 13-18 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK
==============

Reference Passage #1 - 1st Corinthians 15: 35-58 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK ...

My Journal for Today: In this morning’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, the author, Joe Stowell, began his devotional with thoughts of his beloved earthly father and how he looked forward to his reunion with his dad in heaven. And his remembrance caused me to think of my own earthly father in his final years.

My dad spent his last few years in a nursing care facility with many, many, MANY maladies, most of them painful. I didn’t get a chance to visit dad all that often; but when I did he always jumped on me to reprise a reading of a passage of scripture from Paul’s first letter to the church at Corinth [go to 1st Corinthians 15: 35-58] which I had read to him shortly after he had gone to the nursing residence with all his problems, where he had lost all semblance of independence. It was tough for him, especially having to deal with all the physical pain of his various maladies and the emotional humiliation of not being able to care for himself. So, he really fixated on that passage in 1st Cor. 15; and I was so honored that he remembered that I had read it to him. I gloried with him as I read the passage from First Corinthians 15 [I had my share of aches and pains too], and we both imagined what it was going to be like when He both had a new, resurrected body in heaven. And he would say, “I can’t wait!”

 And now He’s with Jesus, with no pain anymore; and we both await Jesus coming again to take His bride to glory, … where my father and I, along with all of God’s Saints will experience that glorious reunion which Joe Stowel wrote about in his ODB devotional today [you can use the link below to read it]. And thinking about that great day of reunion in glory, I can’t help but say, with a big HALLELUJAH [!!!], what the Apostle John wrote in Revelation 22: 20 … 

“Yes, even so, come, Lord Jesus!!” 

My Prayer for Today: Lord, all those who believe and live for You await Your return to take ALL of Your Bride home. Amen

Blogger Note: Every day during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK; on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: