Friday, September 26, 2014

Sept 26, 2014 … My Weakness – His Strength

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 269

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK  … Please go this video link to see/hear Stephen Curtis Chapman singing his classic, His Strength Is Perfect, declaring God’s truth that He’s always there with HIS strength to cover our weakness … that we can trust Him in our times of weakness …


Highlight Passage - Psalm 5, Verse 11 [NKJV] … 
11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. 
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] - - Psalm 5 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK
 ==============

Reference Passage #1 - 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 [NKJV] ...
  9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

My Journal for Today: In this morning’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, the author, Bill Crowder, illustrates how we trust God in our trials and life challenges with a story of a young woman, Pascale Honore, in Australia who had been paraplegic for over 18 years. She was befriended by Ty Swan, young surfer, who helped Honore experience the joy of surfing by strapping her with duct tape to his body; and with his strength/skill, he surfed the waves with Honore on his back.

 Certainly it’s easy to see the degree of trust that this paralyzed woman had to have in the young surfer; and this illustrates what David was singing about in Psalm 5, especially in verse 11, linked above. When we, as Christians are at our weakest, that’s the time when we need to surrender our weakness to God’s strength. As Jesus related to the Apostle Paul in 2nd Cor. 12: 9, when the Apostle had been weakened by some devastating “thorn,” … Jesus declares that His strength is perfected in our weakness

The question is … DO WE BELIEVE THE LORD?!! … Please take the time to take in the attached photo, the linked song by Stephen Curtis Chapman, and all of God’s word linked/copied above; and then meditate on God’s strength; and let’s revel in His love.

My Prayer for Today: Lord, I BELIEVE YOU, and I trust You in my times of weakness to give me Your strength. Amen

Blogger Note: Every day during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK; on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: