Sunday, September 07, 2014

September 7, 2014 … The Basics = Knowing God

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 250

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to see a video of the group 4Him singing … The Basics of life, which prayerfully helps all who read here to stay tuned into the primary teachings and directions of Christ through His word (see attached photo).


Highlight Passage: Philippians 3: 8 [NKJV} … Paul saw the first things first in life - i.e., knowing God. …
  8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ.
============

Highlight Context - NKJV: Philippians 3: 1-11 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK … Knowing God more today than yesterday - back to the basics!! …
============

Reference Passage #1: Matthew 6: 33 … [NKJV] … Jesus nailed the basics of Christian choice-making …
  33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 

Reference Passage #2: John 14: 21 … [NKJV] … Jesus so wants to manifest Himself in/through me … but only when I can surrender myself to His will and His ways through His word …
  21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Joe Stowell, reminded the OBD readers of my song link for today, one which I’ve used in several of my past journal entries, the group 4Him singing The Basics of Life [see link above].

 And my ODB teachings today took me back to a time, early in my Christian discipleship, when a key mentor in my life pointed me to the rock solid basics of my newly found faith. He asked me, “Bill, what is your #1 goal as a Christian?” I really didn’t know how to answer him; and looking for direction I asked Dr. Bob, this Godly man whom I was following, what his #1 goal was; and he told me that his primary goal in life was “to know God more that day than the day before;” and he went on to show me that he sought, through his choices, to know God even more the next day than he knew our Lord that day.

 And that is my challenge for any/all who’re reading here with me today. We all need to be following our Lord (see Luke 9: 23) and seeking after His will and His ways through His world (see attached photo) EVERY DAY and in every way we can in our lives to fulfill the reference commands above (see Matt. 6: 33 and John 14: 21). Because, as I’ve written here in my past blogs, when we’re truly seeking for God’s way in life, primarily by following His word, our Lord will provide the direction and power we need to be His light in this ever darkening world [see Matt. 5: 16].

 So, … back to the basics today [please take the time/effort to use the link above to watch the entire video to which I’ve linked you on GodTube].

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I pray it almost every day … shine Your light so brightly on our path that we can clearly see where we need to go to follow You.… And we will !!!Amen

  Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: