Saturday, September 06, 2014

September 6, 2014 … PTL in song!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 249

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to see a video of a choir and orchestra playing/singing Handel’s great … Hallelujah Chorus, reminding us that God’s creation sings and shouts out … HALLELUJAH!!! … with praises to the Creator … FOREVER AND EVER … HALLELUJAH!!!


Highlight Passage: Psalms 150: 3-6 [NKJV} … The Psalmist sings “HALLELUJAH!!” to our Lord …
3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;

Praise Him with the lute and harp! 
4  Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;

Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! 
5  Praise Him with loud cymbals;

Praise Him with clashing cymbals! 
6  Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. 
Praise the Lord! 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Psalms 146-150 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK These are God’s Hallelujah Chorus …  
============

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 59: 16-17 … [NKJV] … David sang of God’s praises even when he was being oppressed …
16 But I will sing of Your power;

Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;

For You have been my defense

And refuge in the day of my trouble. 
17  To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises;

For God is my defense,

My God of mercy. 

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 146: 1-2 … [NKJV] … The Psalmist recognized his need to sing “HALLELUJAH!” to His God continually …
1 Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! 
2  While I live I will praise the Lord;

I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by David McCasland, reminded the OBD readers of our need to sing our praises to God as His word so often exemplifies. And if you come here to read my daily journaling into God’s truth and His word, you know that EVERY MORNING in my quiet time, I have developed the discipline of finding some song, which I believe praises God by worshipping the Lord in song to amplify or exemplify my blogging.

 Today it was a no-brainer to find a song to illustrate what the OBD author was trying to convey. McCasland was using the last five Psalms as his highlight Bible passages today. In this section of the Psalms, often call “God’s song book,” this particular collection of songs is often referred to as “God’s Hallelujah Chorus.” And if you use the link above and go back to study and meditate on these Psalms, you’ll see the psalmist[s] saying over and over and over again, the refrain of “Praise the Lord!”

 And that phrase in the original Hebrew is the term ’HALLELUJAH!” And hence my use of Handel’s classic “Hallelujah Chorus” as my song reference today. And as I indicated, songs and music are very, very important in my daily devotionals. Having taught in the Dept. of Neurology at a major medical school for over 35 years, I know how the right kind of music activates the entire brain and creates neurochemistry which either pacifies or excites our mind. So, I try to find music each day which helps me (and prayerfully my fellow Christians) to worship God more personally or powerfully or peacefully. And how could one not PRAISE THE LORD when he/she listens to the classic Hallelujah Chorus, especially when the video shows scenes of God’s creation.

 Oh, how I pray that we are all releasing our minds/hearts to sing ”Hallelujah!!” to our LORD today … and every day.

My Prayer for Today … Oh Lord, hallelujah, … Hallelujah! … HALLELUJAH!!! … PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME!! … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: