Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13, 2014 … Into the Sea of Forgetfulness

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 256

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to see a video of Helen Baylor singing her soulful song - Sea Of Forgetfulness - reminding all those who’ve put their faith in the saving grace of Jesus’ favor on the cross, that our sins have been set aside, as far as the east is from the west, … into God’s sea of forgetfulness.


Highlight Passage: Isaiah 43: 25 [NKJV} … God’s promise through Isaiah …
  25  “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. 
============
Highlight Context - NKJV: Isaiah 43: 22-28 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK

============

Reference Passage #1: Psalm 103: 11-18… [NKJV] …GO TO THIS LINK  especially remembering verse 12 …
 12  As far as the east is from the west,
 so far has He removed our transgressions from us. 

Reference Passage #2: Micah 7: 19… [NKJV] … God’s wonderful prophesy …
  19 He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins Into the depths of the sea. 

Reference Passage #3: 1st John 1: 9 … [NKJV] GO TO THIS LINK … Can we believe it … I pray so!! ...
  9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by David Roper, reminds any who read and mediate here today of the extent to which God was and is willing to eradicate the sinfulness of the faithful remnant who are willing - in faith - to receive the Lord’s saving grace.

 So, every now and again - and that’s in my time with God this morning - I need to be reminded of God’s promises - and His reality - when He was dying on that cross; and just before His soul was cast into His Father’s hand, He declared, “It is finished!” … AND IT IS … FOREVER!!

 And I pray you take the time to revel this day in the truth of the attached photo … that the sins of the faithful are, as the Prophet Isaiah declared in today’s OBD highlight verse, “remembered no more.” … No, … they have been cast as far as “the east is from the west,” [see Psalm 103: 12] and “into the depths of the sea,” [see Micah 7: 19] or, as Helen Baylor sings in today’s devotional song, … into “the sea of forgetfulness.”

 Dear one, … do we know this? Do we really believe it? … Because if we do, and each time we can - in consciousness - confess our sins [see 1st John 1: 9], God cleanses us from ALL our sins and cast those sins into His sea of forgetfulness. … Now in my humanity, I don’t think I can fully comprehend this truth. But I’m here today believing it and reveling in it’s reality; … and all I can say [and very loudly!!!] is … HALLELUJAH!!! 

PS: … BTW … for all who know my testimony of “13s” … did you note what date this is. Yeah, all the big stuff happens to me on the “13th” of a month. So join me in praising the Lord for His reminder of truth today!  <'wrb>< 

My Prayer for Today … Lord, You are so merciful to forget my sins - FOREVER. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: