Saturday, April 11, 2015

April 11 2015 … God’s Strength - Not Mine!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 101

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of the group, Steven Curtis Chapman, singing his poignant song … His Strength Is Perfect, declaring what every Christian must remember in the battles of life … that our strength cannot win the war; but God’s strength in us will always prevail.


Highlight Passage 1st Samuel 17: 37 [NKJV] … 
37 Moreover David said [to Saul], “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” 
============
Highlight Context - 1st Samuel 17: 33-50 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… David’s faith was his power to defeat the giant !!
============

Reference Passage #1 - John 16: 33 [NKJV] ... 
33 “… These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” 
… Jesus declares that the victory is HIS!!  

Reference Passage #2 - 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 [NKJV] ... 
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  
… Jesus told Paul about His strength prevailing when our strength is gone.

Reference Passage #3 - Ephesians 6: 10-13 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Paul taught Christians how to fight the battles of this world.

Reference Passage #4 - 1st John 4: 4 [NKJV] ... 
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 
… True, … but do we rely on it as David did against Goliath.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Dennis Fisher, related a story of a cruise ship’s captain abandoning the ship in a storm and a passenger rising to take charge and save all on board. You can read the story by USING THIS LINK .    However, Fisher used this story to make reference to the wonderful Old Testament story of David defeating the Philistine giant, Goliath, when King Saul didn’t have the faith to do so. And that OT Bible story always reminds me of the battles we face in life every day.

 Almost two decades ago, along with my wife, I was called, by God, to co-found and lead a ministry called Battle Plan Ministry [BPM] [got to this link to learn of BPM], which is available to Christians who are struggling with habitual sexual sin, an evil which has become a “Goliath” in our world today.

Every day I must remember and apply what David had learned from his battles with lions and bears as a shepherd boy. And David had the faith which became his strength in battle against Goliath. And we have that same power available to us, as Christians, when we acknowledge it and use it to cover our weaknesses in battle.

 Take in the song, by Steven Curtis Chapman linked above, and the power provided by God’s truth in the reference Scriptures; and join me today as we go out to confront whatever Goliath the world (or Satan) will put in front of us. And realize, with me, that our God is greater than anything the enemy can bring against us [see 1st John 4: 4], … that His grace is sufficient for us in any circumstance [see 2nd Cor. 12: 9], … and that we need not fear because our King Jesus has already won the war [see John 16: 33]!!!

My friend, the battle is ours in Christ !!!

My Prayer Today: Lord, I will do battle today against the XXX Goliaths of the world because You, King Jesus, are greater in me than any foe in this world. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: