Monday, April 06, 2015

April 6, 2015 … Our Rock

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 96

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of Steven Curtis Chapman singing his very personal and powerful song … My Hiding Place, declaring the reality that God’s grace and strength is ALWAYS there to cover our weaknesses … our hiding place when we need Him.


Highlight Passage Psalm 18: 1-2 [NKJV] … 
1 I will love You, O Lord, my strength. 2  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 
… Christ is the rock of our salvation and our faith …
============
Highlight Context - Psalm 18: 1-3, 46 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Jesus - the Rock of our faith
============

Reference Passage #1 - 2nd Samuel 22: 1-3 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… The origin of Psalm 18.

Reference Passage #2 - Psalm 62: 1-7 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Another of David songs honoring the rock of our salvation and our strength in times of weakness.

Reference Passage #3 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… You probably know this one by heart … our charge to trust God … NO MATTER WHAT!!

Reference Passage #4 - 2nd Corinthians 12: 8-10 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Jesus’ exhortation to trust in His strength to be there to cover our weakness

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Philip Yancey, uses a word picture used in both the Old and New Testaments to point to our need to trust in God’s grace and mercy and strength to be there for us when the circumstances of life seem overwhelming and our human weaknesses are exposed. As Steven Curtis Chapman sings in the song, linked above … that Jesus is our “hiding place,” … the place we can run in the storms of life, … our ROCK when we need His strength.

 So, if you’ve taken in and meditated on the attached photo, the song link, and the highlight and reference passages above, do I really need to write any more here? I hope not; because there’s little more I could journal here which could make these truths any truer or this reality any stronger.

 Jesus IS our rock, our hiding place, our empowering grace when we’re weak. So, if we need Him, let’s run to Him … today and all days.

My Prayer Today: Lord, we weaklings, Your children, run to You for strength. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: