Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015 … He Ran To Me

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 110

Devotional Song: … Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing their poignant song … He’ll Do Whatever It Takes, declaring reality of God’s love and mercy offered to anyone, no matter how desperate, to allow that one to return to the Father and His Kingdom; … and THEN TO THIS LINK to hear the same group singing His Grace Still Amazes Me with more about God’s AMAZING GRACE


Highlight Passage Luke 15: 20 [NKJV] … 
20 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. …” 
… God’s so love so great for a prodigal that He runs to embrace the repentant son.
============
Highlight Context - Luke 15: 11-24 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… God’s love for a prodigal.
============

Reference Passage #1 - Lamenations 3: 22-24 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK 
… God’s amazing, unending, ever-searching, ever-forgiving mercy.

Reference Passage #2 - John 3: 16-17 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… God’s love so great that He ran to the cross to save me!!!

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Poh Fang Chia, took his readers (me) to the most poignant scene in one of the most beloved parable Jesus ever used to relate WHO He was and what He was all about, having come to save mankind; and that it the poignant story of the so-called “Prodigal” in Luke 15 (see an abbreviated portion linked above). 

Generally we use the term “prodigal” in this story to refer to the son; because the basic meaning of “prodigal” means “to lavish extravagantly,” often referring to foolishly using ones money or resources to gain favor with another. Well, the son certainly was extravagant with his foolish use of the father’s inheritance, ending up in the pig sty after blowing all his father had given him. But the term “prodigal” could also apply to the father as well, who, when he saw the son had returned, lavished his love upon the returning prodigal son [see attached photo].

And that’s probably the most personal story, from Jesus’ own mouth, of what our Lord came to mankind to do … to lavish His love on His prodigal sons and daughters, to show them the ultimate in lavish love, by taking their sins upon Himself and showing us nothing by His love by dying for us on that cross [see reference Scriptures above].

 Now today I can walk about wearing my Lord’s, … my Prodigal Father’s, robes of righteousness rather than having to wear the rags of sin I once wore when I was in that pig sty of sin where I used to live as His prodigal son. I know I have that amazing grace which Phillips, Craig, and Dean sing about (linked above). And I will be with my Prodigal Father forever because He ran to me when I came back to Him with a repentant heart.

 What about you? Are you a “prodigal” son or daughter? Do you need to run back to your Prodigal Father as I did years ago in brokenness? Because if you do, He’s waiting to see you coming back, … and to run to you with His love.

My Prayer Today: Lord, Thank You for running to me when I came to You in brokenness on that day in April, 32 years ago. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: