Sunday, April 26, 2015

April 26, 2015 … Lighting Our Way With Truth

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 115

Devotional Song: … Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of the lyrics sung by Amy Grant, singing her popular Christian classic… Thy Word, declaring the reality and power of God’s word for the walk of the Christian in this world.


Highlight Passage Psalm 119: 105-106 [NKJV] … 
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 106  I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgments. 
… One man’s commitment to pursuing righteousness with the light of God’s truth.
============
Highlight Context - Psalm 119: 105-112 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… The intimate love affair with God’s word a believer expressed so eloquently!
============

Reference Passage #1 - Isaiah 55: 11 [NKJV] … 
11  So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth. It shall not return to Me void. But it shall accomplish what I please; and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. 
… God’s word ALWAYS has power for His purposes.

Reference Passage #2 - John 14: 21 [NKJV] ... 
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 
… Jesus on the results of keeping His word and commandments.

Reference Passage #3 - 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 [NKJV] ... 
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
 … The profit of God’s truth in our lives.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David C. McCasland, wrote of the power of God’s word in the life of an obedient servant of our Lord. And in Psalm 119, the longest song in the bible, one such believer expresses his love-affair with God’s word and truth. And McCasland’s focus in his ODB entry today was on Psalm 119: 105-112, with which I identify heartily.

I had a mentor years ago tell me, … “Bill, until you pursue God’s word the way the author of Psalm 119 did, you’ll always be vulnerable to losing your way in this world!” … And he was absolutely right!! And so he helped me learn how to interpret God’s truth; and then he walked with me in the contextualization and memorization of many, many passages of Scripture. And my life changed, just as those passages above promise - FROM GOD’S WORD!!

 If you identify with the attached photo; and you believe in what Amy Grant sings in today’s linked song, then you are prayerfully into God’s word and letting the Lord guide you DAILY through life with His truth. But if you can’t see your way to be in the Bible every day, and letting His truth saturate your mind and heart, as my mentor taught me, you’re making yourself vulnerable to our spiritual enemies - Satan, the world, and our own flesh. So, … let me pray against that.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, I pray that any who join me here have surrendered their minds/hearts to the power of Your truth; and may we all consume and pursue You through its light. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: