Sunday, April 05, 2015

April 5, 2015 … Just as I was!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 95

Devotional Song: ... Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a video of a Mennonite Choirs singing the classic 19th century hymn … Just As I Am, declaring God’s invitation for all to come to Him and receive His Saving Grace and Eternal Love.


Highlight Passage John 20: 29 [NKJV] … 
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” 
… Coming to Jesus just as he was … doubting and all
============
Highlight Context - John 20: 24-31 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… So that one who doubts can believe!
============

Reference Passage #1 - Romans 10: 9-13 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… Salvation comes to ALL who believe

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Jennifer Benson Schuldt, took her readers back to the story of Jesus appearing to his 11 remaining Disciples after His resurrection; and He invited a doubting Thomas to see his nail scared hands and to touch the wound in His side [see attached photo]. And in doing so, Thomas believed in the risen Messiah, become a slave to King Jesus.

 And even today, Jesus invites ANY AND ALL who can believe in Him, without seeing or touching, to come as we are, to believe, and be saved. I can remember when I was in high school, walking down, in response to the hymn, linked above, at a Billy Graham crusade. However, my response to the invitation to come “Just as I am,” was not genuine. It was likely in from peer pressure to my friends who were also walking the aisle. In my disbelieve at the time, I just could not, in reality, declare that I believed.

 However, after quite a few years of habitual selfishness and sinful living, in brokenness, on April 13th, 1983, I did come, wanting to believe, even perhaps with some degree of doubtfulness, as did Thomas in the John 20 scenario. But God’s mercy was great enough to receive even a seeking believer into His kingdom for eternity; and on that date, my doubting turned to belief; and I was saved. And from that moment on, as did the doubting, but saved, Thomas, I have served King Jesus in faith and will serve Him forever!

 How about you? Have you come to Jesus in faith and received His everlasting, saving grace? If not, now is the time to do so! Jesus lives; and Jesus saves!

My Prayer Today: Thank You, Lord, for receiving one like me, with the faith of a mustard seed, into Your kingdom and service forever. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: