Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 10, 2015 … Jesus Cares Too?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 130

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK  … Please take the time to take in a video of Wayne Watson singing the poignant song… Friend of a Wounded Heart, reminding all Christians that even Jesus had to run to his Daddy when He was wounded deeply; and His Father was ALWAYS there for Him as He will always be there for us.


Highlight Passage Isaiah 45: 15 [NKJV] … 
15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. … “ 
… God will never forget His kids … no matter what they face.
============
Highlight Context - Isaiah 49 :13-18 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK
… God, through Isaiah, declares his unfailing love for His children
============

Reference Passage #1 - Deuteronomy 31: 6 [NKJV] … 
6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. 
… Always there for His faithful … ALWAYS!!

Reference Passage #2 - Psalm 103: 13 [NKJV] … 
13 As a father (or mother) pities his (or her) child, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. 
… God, our Heavenly Father, as does a mother, always pities His wounded child

Reference Passage #2 - Psalm 116: 1-2 [NKJV] … 
1 I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications; … because He has inclined to me. Therefore, I will call upon Him as long as I live. 
… We can call on Him anytime/anywhere; and our Lord will bend down to hear us.

Reference Passage #4 - Philippians 4: 6-7 [NKJV] … 
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 
… We say it’s true; but do we live as if it is?

Reference Passage #5 - 1st Peter 5: 7 [NKJV] … 
7 Casting ALL your cares on Him because He cares for you. 
… REALLY? … Do we?

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Joanie Yoder, on this - Mother’s Day - reminds her readers (me) of how a loving mother will ALWAYS scoop her little one into her arms when he (or she) comes running to her with a “boo-boo.” And Yoder asks, through her ODB entry on this special day, “Would God do any less for His kids?”

 Again, after you take in the picture image of a caring mom [which I took from today’s ODB entry], … the song by Wayne Watson along with the accompanying YouTube video, and ALL the scriptures above, I don’t think I need to add much for emphasis to the truth that God will ALWAYS be there for any of His kiddos if we were to run to Him …. just as any loving mom would be there for us if we ran crying to her.

 So, if we have a “boo-boo” today … or … , if we need a hug from a mom or, even more, from a loving Heavenly Father, … let’s run to them, telling them how much we love THEM.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … On this Mother’s Day, I remember that You’re always there for me as my mom always was there for me. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: