Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 19, 2015 … Life Hurts - God Heals

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 139

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK  … Please take the time to take in a video of the group Point of Grace singing Heal The Wound, proclaiming the reality of our life … painful but in the presence of the Great Healer - our Jehovah Rapha - our healing God, Who can/will heal the wound though He may leave the scars to remind ourselves of other of His healing grace.


Highlight Passage Genesus 2: 8 [ESV] … 
8 And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed. 
… The man placed in the perfect garden to be God’s workman …
============
Highlight Context - Genesis 2: 7-15 [ESV]USE THIS LINK
… God created man, perfect, to work in His garden
============

Reference Passage #1 - Exodus 15: 22-27 [ESV]USE THIS LINK
… God - the healer of all diseases

Reference Passage #2 - Romans 8: 28 [ESV] … 
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 
… God may heal our physical infirmities - or NOT - but it all is for the good of all who are truly born-again in Christ.

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David H Roper, opened her ODB blog with these words … The doctors I know are smart, hard-working, and compassionate. They have relieved my suffering on many occasions, and I am grateful for their expertise in diagnosing illnesses, prescribing medication, setting broken bones, and stitching up wounds. But this does not mean that I place my faith in physicians rather than in God. 

And to those wise words, especially at this time in my life, I say, “AMEN, sister!!” … And why am I so personal at this time? Because this very week I’m to undergo what is called a “cyberknife” procedure for advancing prostate cancer; and this new technology supposedly will allow the physicians to - prayerfully - arrest the cancer with a high-tech form of radiation therapy just developed in the past two years. And this presumedly will be done with minimal side effects. But you’ll note above that I wrote that the procedure will PRAYERFULLY do what it touts; because I will not be praying to the doctors, I will be praying that the cyberknife works to the One Who allowed for the development of this healing technology.

 I will be praying to Jehovah Rapha, our healing God, Who will supersede and oversee my cyberknife procedure; and I will be praying that God sees me through the treatment, giving the radiation-oncologist the techno-skill to arrest the cancer and allow for future hormone treatments to facilitate me gaining more energy to live and to serve my God in the future. That is my prayer (see below) but no matter the outcome, I do - truly - believe in the reality of Romans 8: 28; and the outcome is in the all-capable, all-knowing hands of THE HEALER, … my Lord and Savior, Jesus.

 God created us to serve Him in His garden (see the Genesis 2 passages above); but Adam blew it; and in all of mankind from Genesis 3 onward, we need a Healer; and our God was - and is - that healer. So, today - and perhaps any reading here will join me - I’m praying that God will be our Healer for all our physical, emotional, and spiritual hurts.

My Prayer Today: Oh Lord, … I pray, as humbly as I can, for Your healing touch to be with my physicians and their assistants as I undergo this radiation procedure, which You’ve given me peace to pursue. Allow these healers to receive their skill and healing grace from You, Who is THE Healer of all. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: