Sunday, December 18, 2016

December 18, 2016 ... Jesus Is ______

Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 353

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from children singing of Whom they worship … Fairest Lord Jesus … poignantly singing of Who we worship as Lord and Savior … KING JESUS! … And THEN ON TO THIS LINK with Matt Maher singing that Jesus is his EVERYTHING.



=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 16:15 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK … 
15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
… Jesus poses THE question to His disciples.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 16:13-17 … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus asks the most important question anyone will ever answer in his/her life.
=============

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, uses an example of Albert Einstein’s recognition of Christ’s greatness in asking readers to declare Whom Jesus is to us. The ODB author writes: In a 1929 Saturday Evening Post interview, Albert Einstein said, “As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene. . . . No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life.” 
The New Testament Scriptures give us other examples of Jesus’s countrymen who sensed there was something special about Him. … Jesus asked His followers, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” … He was searching their understanding and looking for faith. So He asked a second question: “But what about you? . . . Who do you say I am?” (Matt. 16:15). 

And Jesus’ latter question, “Who do you say I am?” … rings through eternity as the most important question any of us will ever answer in our life time. It is the “Jesus Is _______” declaration.

So let me give my answer(s). To me … Jesus is my LORD! … He is my Savior. … And, as Matt Maher sings, … He is my EVERYTHING!!

So, if Jesus were to ask you His question, … how would you answer?

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, You are my everything; … so, help me to live like it today and always. ... Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: