Friday, December 23, 2016

December 23, 2016 ... My All For His All

Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 358

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Susan Boyle and the Liberia Choir singing… In the Break Midwinter … the beautifully sung Advent song lyrics written by Christina Rossetti, paying special attention to the final verse which is …
What can I give Him, poor as I am? 
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb; 
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part; 
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 103:2 [NKJV] … 
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits … 
… In this time of year especially we should remember all our Lord has done for us. 
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 103:1-5 … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist remembers all God has done for him.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … John 3:16 … 
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 
… Jesus tells Nicodemus and us all what God has given mankind, the greatest gift of all.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Galatians 5:22-23 … 
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 
 … From all that God has given me in Christ, I would want to reach out in His Name to give more of me for the New Year.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Marion Stroud, used a story of a man sharing his story of the greatest Christmas gift he ever got, when, at Christmas, God gave him the gift of salvation. The ODB author writes: One year, those responsible for decorating their church for Christmas decided to use the theme of “Christmas lists.” Instead of decorating with the usual shiny gold and silver ornaments, they gave each person a red or green tag. On one side they were to write down the gift they would like from Jesus, and on the other they were to list the gift they would give to the One whose birth they were celebrating. 

What would you put on your card, dear one? … As for me, on one side - fry desire rom Him, … as the attached photo and John 3:16 inspires, I would say, “More of You, Lord.” 

And on the other side, reflecting on the fruit of the Spirit listed by Paul in Galatians 5:22-23, I would write, “More of me than ever before!” What would be on your card this Christmas?

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, as we move thru this Advent Season, You have already given me Your all; … help me now to give You my all in the New Year. ... Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: