Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 21, 2016 ... God’s Child Care

Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 356

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from the group Avalon singing their song… No Orphans of God … poignantly singing the reality of God’s love for ALL of His children …


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Exodus 2:10 [NKJV] … 
10 And the child [Moses] grew, and [his mother] brought him to Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. So she called his name Moses, saying, “Because I drew him out of the water.” 
… Moses’ desperate mother was willing to give up her child to save his life and to let God raise him for God’s glory.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Exodus 1:22 - 2:10 … USE THIS LINK
… The story of Moses’ birth and destiny to be raised as a prince in Egypt.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 27:10 … 
10 When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me. 
… God has a plan for all His children.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Luke 2:1-7 … USE THIS LINK
… God gave His own Son to mankind to raise for our salvation and His glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Tim Gustafson, used a very personal story to illustrate the lengths God will go thru to raise His children to their salvation and His glory. The ODB author writes: A baby just hours old was left in a manger in a Christmas nativity outside a New York church. A young, desperate mother had wrapped him warmly and placed him where he would be discovered. If we are tempted to judge her, we can instead be thankful this baby will now have a chance in life. 
This gets personal for me. As an adopted child myself, I have no idea about the circumstances surrounding my birth. But I have never felt abandoned. Of this much I am certain: I have two moms who wanted me to have a chance in life. One gave life to me; the other invested her life in me. 

And in Exodus (highlight passage) we read of the desperation of Moses’ mother to cast him in a basket onto the Nile [see photo], giving him to over God’s care to be raised as a prince of Egypt. And then the ultimate story of parental sacrifice as we read in Luke 2 of God giving His own Son into the hands of Mary & Joseph to raise His Boy, Jesus, to die for the sins of mankind.

Perhaps, in this time of the year, we should recognize that God has a plan for all of His children; and His plan often calls for great sacrifice on the part of parents or those who care for orphaned children. And today’s journal has caused me to be so thankful for the care my parents gave to my sister and me.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Thank You, God, for Your watchcase over my life. ... Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: