Sunday, July 29, 2018

July 29, 2018 … Light of the World

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 209 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … Light of the World … poignantly singing of how how Jesus our Light to walk thru this world of darkness.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 24:31 [NLT] … 31 Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And at that moment he disappeared! 
… The men found the light of Christ when He broke the bread of life with them.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 24:13-32 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… Two men, walking in the darkness of grief from confusion surrounding the death of Jesus, are given His light of awareness on the road to Emmaus.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 105  Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
… God shines His light of truth most clearly thru His word.

Reference Passage : … John 8:12 [NLT] … 12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” 
… Jesus declares His light to the Pharisees and the people who had been blinded by their own traditions and biases.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 
… Jesus declares His desire to come into our darkened lives and share all that He is with believers.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, used personal story of coming out of the darkness of grief into Christ’s light of truth. The ODB author wrote: When I was nineteen, one of my close friends was killed in a car accident. In the following weeks and months, I walked each day in a tunnel of grief. The pain of losing someone so young and wonderful clouded my vision, and at times I even felt unaware of what was going on around me. I felt so blinded by pain and grief that I simply could not see God. 

Then the ODB author used the story of the two confused and grief stricken followers of Christ who encountered the resurrected Savior on a walk from Jerusalem to Emmaus; and it was not until God opened His word to them, the Bread of Life, that they recognized Jesus, their living Lord.

And that is the way our life can be in the confusion, turmoil, and darkness of this world. My fellow Christians, … if we don’t accept Jesus’ invitation to shine His light into our darkness, especially thru the light of truth from HIs word, then we will be like the two men walking to Emmaus, not being able to see the road ahead clearly because of our misperceptions and human human feelings. But when we’re willing to open His door of truth (see Rev. 3:20) and let Him shine His light on our path (see Ps. 119:105), He will become the light of the world (as promised in John 8:12) and show the way … His way.

And that is why you find me here daily, letting Jesus, thru His Spirit and His word, light my path for that day. And He does!!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for shining Your light thru the darkness of this world and my feelings.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Shine Your light so brightly, even today from Your word, that I can clearly see the road ahead. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: