Sunday, July 15, 2018

July 15, 2018 … What A Gift!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 195 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of of Janice Kapp singing… The Voice of the Holy Spirit … poignantly singing of the great gift fo God’s Spirit which speaks and works in the hearts of all born-again believers.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 11:9 [NKJV] … 9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. …” 
… God’s gift of the Holy Spirit is given to all who seek Him.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 9:9-13 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Jesus promises His Spirit to those who truly believe in Him and ask for its legacy of grace. 
=============

Reference Passage : … John 14: 15-19, 25-26 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Jesus promises the gift of His Holy Spirit to all who surrender to receive this gift Who will impart His grace of enrichment, enlightenment, and empowerment.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:5, 14, 16, 26-27 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, explains the extent of God’s gift of His Spirit which resides in the hearts of all true born-again believers.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, uses a personal story about a special gift to illustrate how wonderful is the gift of His Spirit to His true disciples. The ODB author wrote: When I was packing up to go home to London, my mother approached me with a gift—one of her rings I had long admired [see photo]. Surprised, I asked, “What’s this for?” She replied, “I think you should enjoy it now. Why wait until I die? It doesn’t fit me anyway.” With a smile I received her unexpected gift, an early inheritance that brings me joy. 
My mom gave me a material gift, but Jesus promises that His Father will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask (Luke 11:13). 

Any gift, like the one in the ODB story above, which imparts the spirit of the giver and inspires one to pursue the value in life represented by that gift, is a very special and powerful legacy. And one can imagine that the ODB author would be inspired to live forward with the legacy represented in the love of the giver of that ring.

But if such a temporal gift can have such legacy power, just imagine the power of grace imparted by Jesus’ gift of His Spirit, Who is imparted to the hearts of anyone who humbly repents of self and surrenders to God to receive His infinitely powerful gift of His Spirit.

And now, having received that gift of His infinite love and grace, I can let Him speak to me with His voice (see linked song) and guide me thru life.

What a gift!!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You your enriching, enlightening, empowering gift of Your Spirit.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Guide today and empower me to live a life which reflects Your grace and glory in all that I think, say, and do. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: