Thursday, July 12, 2018

July 12, 2018 …Fear or Faith?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 192 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Jach Williams singing… Fear Is A Liar … poignantly singing of God’s truth that fear only comes from the author of lies, … Satan. We must choose to ignore the liar and listen only to the Author of Truth … King Jesus!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 51:12 [NKJV] … 12  “I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be afraid of a man who will die, and of the son of a man who will be made like grass?
… These commands to God’s enslaved Jews carries over as to how we (i) treat others whom God brings into my life where I can show His love/grace to them.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 51:12-16 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God’s promises to His people, thru Isaiah, that no matter what they encounter, He will be there to save them - IF - they have faith in Him.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 26:3, 41:10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… More truth from God, thru Isaiah, about overcoming fear with our trust in God.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NKJV]… And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
… Jesus’ promise to us, thru Paul, that He grace will always cover our weakness by our faith in His finished work on the cross.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God’s anti-anxiety prescription from the Apostle Paul.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 1:7 [NKJV]… 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
… Faith in God gives us His Spirit of love and power, always defeating the spirit of fear which is from Satan.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5-6 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God’s promise that we can always go to Him as our “HELPER” when we’re fearful.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, teaches a truth that we all need to live as Christians. The ODB author wrote: Are you a worrier? I am. I wrestle with anxiety almost daily. I worry about big things. I worry about small things. Sometimes, it seems like I worry about everything. Once in my teens, I called the police when my parents were four hours late getting home. 
Scripture repeatedly tells us not to be afraid. Because of God’s goodness and power, and because He sent Jesus to die for us and His Holy Spirit to guide us, our fears don’t have to rule our lives. We may well face hard things, but God has promised to be with us through it all. 

The interesting thing to realize is that, as Christians, we get to choose whether we exercise a spirit of fear or faith, don’t we? We either choose to live by the truths espoused above in God’s word or we believe the author of fear, … Satan, … and his lies.

Because, as Zach Williams sings in the linked song, “Fear … He is a liar!!”

So, let me pray that we cast aside any fears we have today, especially given any trials we encounter, and jump over any chasm of fear (see photo), landing on the strong ground provided for us in our faith in Christ. Let’s all believe the TRUTH of God’s word above, and then let’s live by it today. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving us Your grace to overcome our fears.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I will walk by faith today and refuse to believe the lies of the enemy. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: