Monday, July 23, 2018

July 23, 2018 … 24/7 Watch Care

Berry Patch Devotions in 2018 - Day 203 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … I Am Not Alone … poignantly singing of the reality that God our God is always with us and even goes ahead of us.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Jeremiah 23:24 [NKJV] … 24  Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?” says the Lord; “Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the Lord. 
… Nowhere to go that our God doesn’t see us.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Jeremiah 23:20-24 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God, thru The Prophet, confirms that God’s eyes are on all His children … ALWAYS! 
=============

Reference Passage : … Deuteronomy 31:8 [NKJV]… 8 And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”
… Moses, to Joshua, declaring that God will go with - and even before - him as he leads God’s people into the Promised Land.

Reference Passage : … 2 Chronicles 16:9 [NKJV]… 9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.” 
… God declares thru a prophet to the King of Israel that there was nowhere he could go that God couldn’t see his heart.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:1-7 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… King David knew that our omniscient God was (IS) always watching.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 4:13, 13:5 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… God, thru the author of Hebrews, declares that He, our Lord, will never leave us or forsake us and that his watchcase over us is 24/7 complete.

  My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lisa Samra, uses a personal reflection about an insightful remark of her child illustrating a truth about God’s watch care we need to remember. The ODB author wrote: Before he raced out the door to school, I asked my son if he had brushed his teeth. Asking again, I reminded him of the importance of telling the truth. Unmoved by my gentle admonishment, he half-jokingly informed me that what I really needed was a security camera in the bathroom. Then I could check for myself if he had brushed his teeth and he wouldn’t be tempted to lie. 
While the presence of a security camera may help remind us to follow the rules, there are still places we can go unnoticed or ways we can avoid being seen. Although we may evade or trick a security camera [see photo], we fool ourselves if we think we are ever outside the gaze of God. 

In the ministry God has called me to serve Him, when I’m discipling the men God leads to us (USE THIS LINK) , I often remind these Christians that they may be able to con me, or their brothers in the ministry, or maybe their wives if they’re married; but they MUST NOT try to con God; because there’s simply no where they can go to hide from His watch care.

That’s the message God gives to us over and over again in His word. It was the message He gave to Joshua, thru Moses, when Joshua was charged (in Deut. 31:8) to take God’s people into the promised land. It was the message He gave to King David in song (see Ps. 139:1-7 … that the Lord watched over EVERYTHING in David’s life. And the Lord repeats this assurance of His 24/7 watch care in all the other Scriptures above.

So, as Kari Jobe sings in the linked song, we are never alone; and as He promised in the passages from the Author of Hebrews above, … our God will never leave us nor forsake us. And I think that truth is WAY WORTHY of a resounding and thankful ”HALLELUJAH!!” … don’t you? 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your omniscient watch care. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … O Lord, watch over me as I do all I can this day to serve and glorify Your Name. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: