Wednesday, October 10, 2018

October 10, 2018 … Singing our Praises

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 282 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images, song, and lyrics from the group Maranatha Singers singing … I Love You, Lord … poignantly singing of our love of our Lord and Savior, King Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Mark 14:25-26 [NLT] … 25 Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.” … 26 And when they had sung hymns, they went out to the Mount of Olives. 
 … Jesus, with His remaining eleven, sang hymns of faith before He went to the cross. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Mark 14:16-26 [NLT]… USE THIS LINK
… In the Upper Room before, knowing His impending fate, Jesus sang hymns of praise with His disciples.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalms 113-118 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Songs which are traditionally sung at Passover, praising God for His deliverance and provision, … songs likely sung by Jesus and His Disciples, mentioned in Mark 14:26 [see above].

Reference Passage : … Acts 16:25 [NLT] … 25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 
… Paul and Silas in prison, sang hymns of praise to God.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 5:17-21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, exhorts Christians to avoid clamoring of self, but rather singing our praises to our God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, used a true story of two prisoners, saved and converted as Christians in prison, singing together at their firing squad. The ODB author writes … Two men convicted of drug trafficking had been on death row for a decade. While in prison, they learned of God’s love for them in Jesus, and their lives were transformed. When it came time for them to face the firing squad, they faced their executioners reciting the Lord’s Prayer and singing “Amazing Grace.” Because of their faith in God, through the power of the Spirit they were able to face death with incredible courage. 

We may not be facing a firing squad in the trials we face in life; but how do we face and confront the trials of life with the same attitude of those two prisoners in the ODB story? Well, I think we look to the model of Jesus when He confronted the ultimate trial of going to the cross to take on the sins of the world. And what did He do?

Well, as we see in the highlight passage, Jesus, facing imminent death at His last Passover meal, sang praises to God with His disciples. And that’s what we see the Apostle Paul and Silas doing (in Acts 16:25) when they were imprisoned; or what Paul exhorted fellow Christians to do when they faced the trials of life (see Ephesians 5:19).

And that is at least one reason - and a primary one - that I find a song and link any reader to that song here each day when I blog what the Lord brings me from HIs word. And the song linked above is one I actually sing to the Lord each day in my morning prayer time with Him.

Perhaps you have (or can find) a song to sing Your praises to our Lord each day which will be “a sweet, sweet song” in His ears (remember He bends down to hear us - see Psalm 116:2

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, for hearing my song to You today. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … As the songs sings, “I love You, Lord; and I lift my voice to worship You, all my soul rejoice. …” … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: