Wednesday, October 03, 2018

October 3, 2018 … I Need Help !

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 275 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from Queen Latifah singing … Fix Me Jesus … poignantly singing of being willing to come and voice our needs to our Lord.

Jesus heals Bartimaeus, the blind man

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Mark 10:51 [NLT] … 51 So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?” 
 … The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.” 
… Jesus wants us to come to Him humbly asking for our needs.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Mark 10:46-52 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus heals a blind man who humbly comes to ask for his sight.
=============

Reference Passage : … Luke 4:18-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… It was Jesus’ mission to help those in captive or in great need.

Reference Passage : … 1Peter 5:5 [NLT] … 5 … Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for … “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 
 … Peter quotes from Proverbs 3:34 that we must be humble when we come to Jesus with our needs because he cannot pour His grace into pride.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Patricia Raybon, used aa personal story to illustrate Jesus’ desire to help those in need, realizing that He wants us to come to Him humbly with our needs. The ODB author writes … Her email arrived late in a long day. In truth, I didn’t open it. I was working overtime to help a family member manage his serious illness. I didn’t have time, therefore, for social distractions. 
The next morning, however, when I clicked on my friend’s message, I saw this question: “Can I help you in any way?” Feeling embarrassed, I started to answer no. Then I took a deep breath to pause. I noticed then that her question sounded familiar—if not divine.

Yes, the ODB author realized that her friend’s question was much the same as that of Jesus in the highlight passage where Jesus asks Bartimaeus, the blind man, wanted the Lord to do. And it seems like Jesus should’ve known what the blind man wanted, doesn’t it? And yes, … Jesus does know, because He is God; but what Jesus wants to hear (or see) from us is that we are humble enough to ask for His mercy/grace.

Jesus’ mission was to give sight to blind and to free the captives (see Luke 4:18-19); and our Lord most certainly can. However, as Peter says (in 1Peter 5:5) God will never pour His grace into the prideful. Dear one, Jesus only gives His grace to the humble; and being willing to humbly come to the Lord, as does Queen Latifah in the linked song, openly asking for His help, whatever the need may be, is our first step in receiving His grace.

So, perhaps readers here have something that Jesus desires to hear from us. Now, … He may not heal or help us the way He did with Bartimaeus; but whatever happens after we come humbly with our desires, we can know and trust that it will be for our well being (because you know what it says in Romans 8:28 - and if you don’t go meditate on that truth!!)

 =============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for always being there with Your mercy and grace when I’m humble enough to ask for it.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that any of us will be willing to openly and humbly come to You with our hurts or needs. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: