Monday, October 22, 2018

October 22, 2018 … My Help

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 294 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics from The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing … My Help … poignantly singing from Psalm 121 (see link below) that our help in times of trial comes from no one other than the Lord, our God, Himself.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2 Corinthians 4:7, … 16 [NKJV] … 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 
… 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 
… God, thru Paul, encourages us to take heart, in that our Lord will lift us up when we’re oppressed in times of trial.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2 Corinthians 4:7:18 [NKJV]… USE THIS LINK
… Paul describes our weakness … but the covering of God’s strength to deliver us in our times of trial which are beyond us.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 121 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Our help, in times of trial, comes from the Lord.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NKJV] … 10  Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, 
…  I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ … God’s promise to lift us up when we’re down.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus assures Paul (and us) that HIs strength is strong enough to cover our weaknesses.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Kirsten Holmberg, uses a personal story of motherhood to illustrate how God lifts us up in our times of trial. The ODB author writes … As a young mother, I was determined to document my daughter’s first year of life. Each month, I took photos of her to illustrate how she had changed and grown. In one of my favorite pictures, she is gleefully sitting in the belly of a hollowed-out pumpkin I purchased from a local farmer [see photo]. There she sat, the delight of my heart, contained in an overgrown squash. The pumpkin withered in the ensuing weeks, but my daughter continued to grow and thrive. 
The way Paul describes knowing the truth of who Jesus is reminds me of that photo. He likens the knowledge of Jesus in our heart to a treasure stored in a clay pot. Remembering what Jesus did for us gives us the courage and strength to persevere through struggles in spite of being “hard pressed on every side” (2 Corinthians 4:8).

Sure, … I’d covet anyone reading here to decide to meditate on all the Scriptures above, … especially if any reader is going thru a trial or troubles now. However, all I charge my readers today to do is to use the link to Psalm 121 and then open the song link to hear the Brooklyn Tab singing that very Psalm.

And as you do that, I pray you will be uplifted and hugged by God’s Spirit as I have been this morning.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, for Your uplifting and energizing Spirit, Who resides in my heart, to lift me up in times of trial or weakness.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I’m praying that all who read here are being uplifted, as I am today, by You, Holy Spirit. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: