Saturday, December 22, 2018

December 22, 2018 … Our Anchor of Hope

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 355

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube images and lyrics from Crowder and Lauren Wells singing … All My Hope … poignantly singing of our anchor of hope which is our faith/trust/hope in Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Micah 7:7 [NLT] … 7  As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. 
… Micah knew exactly where - or rather Whom - to anchor his hope for the future even tho disaster loomed over God’s people.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Micah 7:1-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Micah prophesies disaster for Israel but plants his hope strongly and deeply in His God. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Again God points to where - or rather, in WHOM - we should anchor our faith.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 6:18-19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God has promised that we can anchor our faith/hope in Him. The question is … DO WE?!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, uses an athletic word picture to illustrate that faith in God is our only hope strategy for life. The ODB author writes … My favorite football team has lost eight consecutive games as I write this. With each loss, it’s harder to hope this season can be redeemed for them. The coach has made changes weekly, but they haven’t resulted in wins. Talking with my coworkers, I’ve joked that merely wanting a different outcome can’t guarantee it. “Hope is not a strategy,” I’ve quipped. 
That’s true in football. But in our spiritual lives, it’s just the opposite. Not only is cultivating hope in God a strategy, but clinging to Him in faith and trust is the only strategy. 

Back in the days of the Prophet Micah (see highlight passage), having hope in God and waiting on His promises to unfold was a strategy of waiting often for months - if not years. In today’s culture of entitlement, waiting for hours - if not minutes or seconds - is often too much to ask of our millennials or “gen-Zers.”

And as it is for me, many Christians, find that our fruit of patience is often sorely immature or not as sweet as the other fruit of the Spirit (on your own, see Gal. 5:22-23). And so, what we need to do is what God’s word call us to do (see Scriptures above); and that is to affix our anchor of hope deeply into The Rock of Ages; and that is as Crowder sings (in the linked song) with ALL our hope in Jesus!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for being the Rock to Whom we can affix the anchor our hope.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, be able to sink our anchor of hope deeply into the Rock of Ages by strengthening our relationship with Christ. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: