Saturday, December 15, 2018

December 15, 2018 … Mary’s Song of Joy

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 348 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube of song and images from Mark Lowry singing his lyrics and Buddy Greene’s music … Mary Did You Know … poignantly singing of how blessed was Mary giving birth to the Great I AM.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 1:46-48 [NLT] … 46 Mary responded, “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. 47  How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! 48  For He took notice of His lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed. … “ 
… Mary sings for joy at her blessing to carry the Son of God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 1:46-55 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Mary’s Song of Joy and Thankfulness at the realization of God’s gift of His Son in her womb. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 7:14 [NLT] … 14 All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means ‘God is with us’). 
… 700+ years before His birth, the conception of our Lord to a virgin was prophesied.

Reference Passage : … John 3:16 [NLT] … {I think you know it!} … God’s greatest gift of love to us all!! My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lisa Samra, makes reference to the song of joy and recognition Mary sings when she realizes that she is carrying the Son of God in her womb. The ODB author writes … Sitting in the courtyard of the Church of the Visitation in Ein Karem, Israel, I was overwhelmed with the beautiful display of sixty-seven mosaics containing the words of Luke 1:46–55 in as many languages [a few of the mosaics in the photo]. Traditionally known as the Magnificat from the Latin “to magnify,” these verses are Mary’s joyous response to the announcement that she will be the mother of the Messiah. …The biblical hymn etched in the tiles is a song of praise as Mary recounts the faithfulness of God to her and the nation of Israel. … 
 Mary shows us that recounting the great things God has done for us is a way to express praise and can lead us to rejoice. This Christmas season, consider God’s goodness as you reflect on the year. In doing so, you may create a mosaic of great beauty with your words of praise. 

The last paragraph of this ODB devotional entry convicted and helped me to realize this morning in my Advent quiet time with God just how blessed I am; and I’ve taken some time today to create my own mosaic of remembrance to praise God with thankfulness for the many blessings He has bestowed on my life.

Perhaps we all need to take time to list and give praise to God for our many blessings, especially in this special time of year as we remember the greatest gift God has given to Mary and to mankind. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your ultimate blessing, carried by Mary into this world, … the gift of Your Son, Who truly is Immanuel, God with me (us). 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here will take the time in this Advent season to thank You for Your many blessings and especially for the gift of Your Son, Who is The Christ. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: