Sunday, December 30, 2018

December 30, 2018 … Our “Make-Over” in Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 363

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in YouTube images and lyrics from Chris McClarney singing … Beauty For Ashes … poignantly singing of how our faith and trust in Christ gives us the ultimate “do-over … make-over” in Heaven.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 25:9 [NLT] … 5 And the One sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” … 
… All things become new in Heaven, including you and me.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Revelation 21:1-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… In Heaven, God makes all things new !!!
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 61:1-3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… What the Messiah will do to make us new when He comes again from glory, giving us a crown of glory for the brokenness and ashes of this life (see v. 3).

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 15:35-55 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… In heaven our decaying - or decayed - human bodies will be made over into Christlike bodies.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] … 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 
 … As Christians, we’re already brand new; but we await the full package in heaven.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] … 6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 
… One day, in Heaven, we will realize the completion of what Christ, in all Christians, has - or had - begun when we received Him as Lord and Savior.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, uses a personal remembrance, a word picture, to illustrate how we, who are in Christ, will get a wondrous “make-over” in heaven. The ODB author writes … Junkyards intrigue me. I enjoy working on cars, so I frequently make trips to the one near our home. It’s a lonely place, where the wind whispers through discarded hulks that were once someone’s prized possession. Some were wrecked, some wore out, and others simply outlived their usefulness. As I walk between the rows, a car will sometimes catch my eye, and I’ll find myself wondering about the adventures it had during its “lifetime.” Like a portal to the past, each has a story to tell—of human hankering after the latest model and the inescapable passage of time. 
But I take particular pleasure in finding new life for an old part. Whenever I can take something discarded and give it new life in a restored vehicle, it feels like a small victory against time and decline. 

When my father was dying, and living in a nursing home, he suffered from constant pain, difficulty with breathing, swallowing problems, and many other maladies. And every time I visited him in his last years, he would ask me to read the passage in 1 Cor. 15:35-55 where God’s word describes what our newly “made-over” bodies will be like in heaven.

My dad came to Christ as Lord and Savior in his 70s; but suffering severely in his 80s, he believed in, and now has realized in Heaven, the ultimate “do-over” Christ has arranged for all who have truly have received His saving grace.

So, if you, like me, have some physical or emotional “junkyard” brokenness [in your past or present], … take heart; … because God’s promise in his word, is the promise sung by Chris McClarney in the linked song … that in heaven God’s ultimate “make-over” will be completed and we will be made COMPLETELY new in Christ.

Do, I sense a hopeful and confirming, HALLELUJAH?!!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for what You completed on the cross to allow me to become new in You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, carry and share the hope we have to become new creatures in Christ. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: