Sunday, December 09, 2018

December 9, 2018 … God’s Forever Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 342 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube of images and lyrics of Michael W Smith leading in worship and singing … His Love Endures Forever … poignantly singing of God’s love which endures for His beloved children FOREVER.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 136:1 [NLT] … 1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. 
… Can we come together as born-again believers and sing praises for His love with the joy resounding in this Psalm?
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 136 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist, likely David, repeats a refrain of God’s love 26 times in this song of praise, which was likely sung often when God’s people came together to praise God in worship.
=============

Reference Passage : … Jeremiah 31:3… 3 Long ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. … With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. …” 
… God, thru the Prophet, repeats His enduring/forever covenant love for His people (yes, Israel, but also you and me!).

Reference Passage : … John 13:35 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” 
… Jesus showed His disciples (that’s you and me to, fellow Christian) how we can show our love back to our Lord.

Reference Passage : … John 14:21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love Me. And because they love Me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal Myself to each of them.” 
… Jesus showed His disciples (that’s you and me to, fellow Christian) how we can show our love back to our Lord.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dave Branon, uses a personal remembrance to illustrate that the love shown by earthly parents gives us a reflection of just how deep God’s love is for His children. The ODB author writes … “I love you!” my dad called out as I slammed the car door and headed into school. I was in sixth grade, and for months we had played out basically the same scenario every morning. We arrived at school, Dad said, “Have a great day! I love you!” and all I said was “Bye.” I wasn’t angry with him or ignoring him. I was simply so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn’t notice his words. Nevertheless, my dad’s love remained steadfast. … 
 When I was a child, I sometimes took my dad’s love for granted. Sometimes now I do the same thing with my heavenly Father’s love. I forget to listen to God and respond. I forget to be grateful. Yet I know that God’s love for me remains steadfast—a reality that provides a sure foundation for all of my life. 

Perhaps you had a Dad like the one in the ODB story; … perhaps not. But if you did, then you just knew that your dad would be there for you … NO MATTER WHAT! … And that’s just a remnant or reflection of how much God’s love is there for His kids (and that’s you and me, brother and sister!). 

When the Psalmist (likely David) wrote Psalm 136 (linked above), 26 times praise to God for HIs everlasting/faithful/enduring love is repeated. And anytime something is repeated in Scripture in Hebrew, it is done to be emphatic about the truth being expressed.

So, I pray that we all can come together as you join me in hearing Michael W Smith sing the joy of Psalm 136, and we read of how Jesus commanded His disciples (and us) to show our love in return for His John 3:16 LOVE, which I’m sure you know by heart.

And I’m challenged and convicted today to do just what Jesus said in his upper room charge to His disciples in John 13:35 and 14:21; i.e., … to do all I can to be obedient to His word and to reflect the love He has shown to us to others, especially my brothers/sisters in Christ. … Let’s go do it, today, my dear ones.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your steadfast/eternal love. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here have picked up Your banner of obedience to show Your love to others today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: