Friday, June 14, 2019

June 14, 2019 … He Is the Answer

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 165 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Jeremy Camp singing … The Answer … poignantly singing of how Jesus is the answer to all the confusion and chaos of this world.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Romans 8:26 [NLT] … 26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 
 … God’s Spirit is our advocate and interpreter when we don’t seem to be getting thru to God. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Romans 8:16-27 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, shows us that His Spirit is our advocate and interpreter when we feel distant from or ignored by our Lord.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru the Psalmist, promises that He’s always listening, … in fact bending down to hear our prayers.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7, 19 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… When we’re seeking God’s peace, we need to know that He hears and will provide us with our needs.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… No matter our needs or our desperation, God will always be there for us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, uses a personal story to illustrate how communication problems often get in the way of solving the worrisome problems of life. And the ODB author wrote: While traveling in Asia, my iPad (containing my reading material and many work documents) suddenly died, a condition described as “the black screen of death.” [see photo] … Seeking help, I found a computer shop and encountered another problem—I don’t speak Chinese and the shop’s technician didn’t speak English. The solution? He pulled up a software program in which he typed in Chinese, but I could read it in English. The process reversed as I responded in English and he read in Chinese. The software allowed us to communicate clearly, even in different languages. 
At times, I feel like I’m unable to communicate and express my heart when I pray to my heavenly Father—and I’m not alone. Many of us struggle sometimes with prayer. 

I think all of us can identify with communication problems, especially in the confusion and chaos of this world which so often gets in the way of our being able solve the problems of life. But as Jeremy Camp sings, there is ONE Who can answer our questions, … IF … we can just get thru to Him. And, of course we should be doing that thru prayer and following His word. But even when we do, it can seem like He’s not hearing us or … maybe, … not answering.

But if believe His word, and I pray we do, He does listen (see Ps. 116:1-2) and He never will leave us or forsake us (see Hebrews 13:5-6). And as God, thru Paul, promises us [see highlight passage], His Spirit is in us, ALWAYS being our advocate and interpreter when we don’t even know what to pray. 

So, I’m stopping to pray right now … that we heed Paul’s advice in Phil. 4:6-7 and stop worrying and start praying, … KNOWING that God, the Holy Spirit, will be our perfect soft-ware to let God, the Father, know EXACLY what we’re feeling and what we need.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for always being there, always, listening, … ALWAYS knowing what we need.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to stop worrying and start praying. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: