Sunday, June 23, 2019

June 23, 2019 … Songs of Promise

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 174 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Sara Groves singing … He’s Always Been Faithful To Me … poignantly singing of how our Lord will always be faithful to the remnant of His faithful disciples … FOREVER!!!


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Zephaniah 3:17 [NLT] … 17  For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” 
… God’s promise of songs of joy when King Jesus returns for His Bride and the wedding feast of the Lamb of God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Zephaniah 3:14-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru His Prophet, promises to come in the last days and sing songs of joy and forgiveness over His remaining faithful remnant of believers.
==============

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s mercies, in spite of our sin nature, are new for us every moment, let alone every morning; and God’s faithfulness if promised for all generations of believers.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 28:20 [NLT] … 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age. 
… Jesus’ promise, in commissioning us as His disciples, to be with His faithful and obedient remnant of believers … ALWAYS!!

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5 [NLT] … 5 … For God has said, … “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” 
… God, thru the Author of Hebrews, repeating the promise of Deut. 31:6, that our Lord will never leave, nor forsake, His faithful disciples.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Peterson, uses a family remembrance to illustrate our God’s promise to save and bring His faithful remnant of believers home to be with Him forever. And the ODB author wrote: My grandmother recently sent me a folder full of old photographs, [see photo] and as I thumbed through them, one caught my eye. In it, I’m two years old, and I’m sitting on one end of a hearth in front of a fireplace. On the other end, my dad has his arm around my mom’s shoulders. Both are gazing at me with expressions of love and delight. 
I pinned this photo to my dresser, where I see it every morning. It’s a wonderful reminder of their love for me. The truth is, though, that even the love of good parents is imperfect. I saved this photo because it reminds me that although human love may fail sometimes, God’s love never fails—and according to Scripture, God looks at me the way my parents are looking at me in this picture. 

Zephaniah was a Prophet to the people of Judah at the time of Jeremiah just before their fall to the Babylonians. He and Jeremiah prophesied of the judgment of God upon God’s disobedient children; but they both also prophesied of the coming of The Messiah to save the remnant of obedient and faithful believers and to gather them back in the promised land for the forever reign of King Jesus. 

And I’m struck by the promise (see highlight passage) that when Jesus comes for His Bride and the remaining faithful Jews, He will be singing joyful songs to them [us], … perhaps like the one linked today, which the faithful would be singing about our Lord. And I pray that is the sentiment of all who read with me today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your forever love which You will sing to us when Your return to bring us into Your glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to sing, as does Sara Groves in the linked song about the love and forever faithfulness of our LORD.

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: