Thursday, August 22, 2019

August 22, 2019 ... Following God’s Word

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 234 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics with the group Mercy Me singing Word of God Speak ... poignantly singing of how seek and find Jesus in the Bible, … His living word.

My "GPS" for life !! 
==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 111:7-8 [NLT] ... 7 All He does is just and good, and all His commandments are trustworthy. 8  They are forever true, to be obeyed faithfully and with integrity. 
... We can trust that all God says in His word is true and worthy to be followed.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 111 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ... .
.. The Psalmist sings a tribute to the leading power of God’s word.
==============

Reference Passage : ... Psalm 119:105 [NLT] ... 105  Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
... God’s word lights our path thru life.

Reference Passage : ... Isaiah 55:11 [NLT] ... 11  It is the same with My word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. 
… God promises, thru the Psalmist, that His word will ALWAYS produce what He desires for it when it’s used for His purposes.

Reference Passage : ... 2Timothy 3:16-17 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... God, thru Paul, promises that our Scripture is God breathed and will give us all we need to live a God-honoring life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dave Branon, points to the power of God’s Word, the Bible, to allow us to know God and lead us thru life. ... The ODB author wrote: I recently found a “hack” (a clever solution to a tricky problem) when one of my grandchildren warmed her toy rabbit on our fireplace glass. The resulting globs of fake bunny fur weren’t pretty, but a fireplace expert provided a great hack—a tip for how to make the glass look like new. It worked, and now we no longer allow stuffed animals near the fireplace! 
I bring up hacks because sometimes we can view Scripture as a collection of hacks—tips to make life easier. While it’s true that the Bible has much to say about how to live a Christ-honoring new life, that’s not the only purpose of the Book. What Scripture provides for us is a solution for mankind’s greatest need: rescue from sin and eternal separation from God. [see photo] 

Yes, God’s Word - the Bible - is certainly more that a large compilation of “hacks” (a new word for me)!! … And when you take in the Scriptures above - and believe them as truth, as I do - God’s word becomes our perfect “GPS” [“God’s Positioning System”), doesn’t it? As His word promises, the Bible is a light unto our path in life (Ps. 119:105). And when we used it for His purposes (i.e., to follow His will), it will ALWAYS provide us with His power (Isaiah 55:11). And finally, it gives us everything we need to live our lives according to God’s will, … following His ways (2Tim. 3:16-17).

So, that’s why I’m right here this morning; … right here in a quiet place EVERY MORNING, … seeking to know my Lord more intimately each day, and follow His ways and His will from His word.

God’s word is - and always will be - my “GPS” for life. How about you?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for Your truth which provides me with direction for life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to search for Your will and follow Your ways by using Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: