Tuesday, August 27, 2019

August 27, 2019 ... He’s Our Helper - ALWAYS!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 239 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing My Help ... poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, can ALWAYS rely on God’s help - even in times of great trial or challenge.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Micah 7:19 [NLT] ... 3  He will not let you stumble; the One who watches over you will not slumber. 4  Indeed, He who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps. ... God’s watch care is perfect! 
============== Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 121 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... The Psalmist sings that our help comes from God - ALWAY!!
==============

Reference Passage : ... Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... We can trust God - ALWAYS - to provide a way for us.

Reference Passage : ... Matthew 28:19-20 [NLT] ... 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,[a] baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
... Jesus, when He left this earth after the resurrection promised His disciples, and that’s you and me too, that He would ALWAYS be with us.

Reference Passage : ... Romans 8:28 [NLT] ... 28 And we know that God causes EVERYTHING to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
… Whatever happens in the life of a Christian is for our good … ALWAYS!!

Reference Passage : ... Hebrews 13:5-6 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... God’s promise to us that He will always be there for us to be our helper in times of trial or trouble.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, John Blase, uses a personal story about a parent’s desire to watch over their children, tho never being able to do so as God watches over His children. ... The ODB author wrote: For a man who lives by a code, so to speak, it felt like a major failure. What’d I do? Well, I fell asleep. Our kids have a curfew to meet when they’re out for the evening. They’re good kids, but my practice is to wait up until I hear their hands turn the front doorknob. [see photo] I want to know they’re home safe. I don’t have to do this: I choose to. But one night I awoke to my daughter saying through a smile, “Dad, I’m safe. You should go to bed.” Despite our best intentions, sometimes fathers fall asleep at their posts. It was very humbling, and also very human. 

I’m a parent, as many of you with me here may be; and I think we parents all desire to provide the most diligent and complete watch care over our kids as we can. And, … we may try to be as vigilant and consistent in our care as we can, but we’ll never be able to be what God is to His children. And that is because our God is ALWAYS there for us; … yes, even when it seems that He’s distant or not available.

Our God always provides constant and perfect watch care; and we can join with God’s children in Psalm 121 or the Brooklyn Tab [in the linked song] in singing our praises that “our help cometh from the Lord!”

And so I pray that we all ascribe to meditating on and believing in the Scriptures above which declare that we can ALWAYS trust in our Lord to be there for us … ALWAYS and FOREVER. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for being our Heavenly Father, watching over us with Your Son’s promise and the Spirit’s power.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join in singing praises to our Abba Father for His watch care.. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: