Thursday, August 29, 2019

August 29, 2019 ... Using Our Gifts

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 241 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from the group Casting Crowns singing If We Are the Body ... powerfully singing of God’s body would be using what God has given us to use - TOGETHER - for others and for God’s glory.

==============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1Corinthians 12:7 [NLT] ... 7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. .
.. Each Christian has been given at least one gift to use in the body of Christ for others and for His glory.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1Corinthians 12:1-14 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ... .
.. God, thru Paul, explains our Spiritual gifts and exhorts us to use them for others and for God’s glory.
==============

Reference Passage : ... Romans 12:6-8 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
... Paul, to fellow Christians, exhorting us to use our gifts, whatever they are, for God’s work.

Reference Passage : ... Ephesians 4:7, 11-12 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK
... Pau explains the use of the Spirit-imparted gifts, being used by God’s body for God’s body and God’s glory.

Reference Passage : ... 1Peter 4:10-11 [NLT] ... 10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 11 Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
... Peter prays that all Christians will use their Spiritual gifts for God’s glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Evan Morgan, uses a personal story of a dream which encouraged him to use his God-given talents for God’s glory. ... The ODB author wrote: I was invited to meet a world-renowned pianist. Since I grew up immersed in music—playing the violin and piano, and primarily singing solos for church and other events—I was thrilled at the opportunity. 
When I arrived to meet the pianist, I realized he spoke little English; and to my surprise he provided a cello for me to play—an instrument I’d never touched. He insisted that I play and he would accompany me. I screeched out a few notes, trying to mimic my violin training. Finally admitting that I was lost, we parted ways. 
I awoke, realizing the scenario had been a dream. But since the musical background presented in my dream was true, in my mind lingered the words, Why didn’t you tell him you could sing? 

What gift or talent has God given each of us, as part of the body of Christ, to use to help others and to give Him glory? And as we take in the linked song and meditate on the Scriptures above, I pray that all reading here have identified our Spirit-imparted gift or gifts and we are using them - within the body of Christ - to show the world just what the Body of Christ can do to help others and extend His glory to the world.

My gifts are teaching and encouragement; and I pray that any readers with me here can see these gifts being used in what I write … to help others grow closer to God and to give Him the glory He deserves.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for giving me gifts which I can use right here each morning for Your glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me today to use the gifts/talents God has given each of us to help others and to bring glory to our Lord. . … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: