Monday, May 10, 2021

May 10, 2021 … He’s Singing To Us …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 130 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group, MercyMe, singing … God With Us … poignantly singing of our joy and praise, … knowing that God is always with us.


Daddy singing to his hearing impaired child ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Zephaniah 3:17 [ESV] …  

17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty One Who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; … He will exult over you with loud singing.  

… Oh to hear God’s promise to sing over His chosen family.    

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Zephaniah 3:14-17 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Prophet sings to God’s remnant of The Lord’s joy and love for His people. 

==============   


Reference Passage: … Psalm 98:4-6  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… We, as God’s children, should sing our praises to a God who shows His love and grace for us.  


Reference Passage: … Psalm 100 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Knowing that the Lord sings for us (see highlight passage), we should sing our praises back to Him.   


Reference Passage: … John 17:9  [ESV] …  

I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are Yours.  

… Jesus prays for all who’ve been given to Him by His Father.  

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kirsten Holmberg, AT THIS LINK    creates a beautiful word picture of a father singing to his hearing impaired baby (see photo), … singing of his love even tho the dad knows that his child is not hearing the words.     


And that’s a glorious and accurate human reflection of what the Prophet Zephaniah brought forth, singing to God’s people (in the highlight passage), who had become deafened to God’s love/grace, but the Prophet singing for God nonetheless of God’s eternal love for His children.  And do we realize that God, in the person of King Jesus, Who not only prays in heaven for God’s children (see John 17), but I relish, from Him singing to us from His word, as thru Zephaniah, that He’s singing to this somewhat hard of hearing child of the King. 


Can I sense that you, joining me as a born-again, hard-of-hearing fellow Christian, desiring - with me - to sing our praises back to a God Who sings everyday of His love/grace to those of us who so often turn a deafened ear to Him?   I pray so !!  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … singing to me thru creation and thru - my life circumstances - of Your love for me.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to tune in to Your song of love to us, Lord, … always thru Your word and may we sing back, as best we can, of our praises for Your grace.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: