Wednesday, May 05, 2021

May 5, 2021 … The Only Way …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 125 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Michael W Smith singing … Lord I Give You My Heart … poignantly singing of how we Christians must surrender our hearts to Jesus as LORD to know Him as Savior. 


Charlie VanderMeer - Christians Radio as "Uncle Charlie" 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Philippians 3:8 [ESV] …  

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ …  

… Paul shows others (including you and me) the importance of intimately KNOWING Christ as our LORD.  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Philippians 3:7-11 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to get to know Jesus intimately as Lord in order to follow Him closely as our Savior.  

==============   


Reference Passage: … John 14:6  [ESV] …  

Jesus said to him, [to Thomas and the Disciples in the Upper Room]  “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. … “ </i> 

… Jesus so wanted His disciples (and us) to see that HE was - AND IS - the only way to the Father.  


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23  [ESV] … 

23 And He said to all [to those following Jesus]“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. …” 

… If we’re going to follow the Savior as Lord, we must be willing to surrender self to the Savior. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 10:9-13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul desperately wanted fellow Christians to see and know what he had been shown as an Apostle - that the only way to heaven is thru knowing Christ as Lord and believing that His blood sacrifice on the cross was our salvation from sin.   


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 1:1-3 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ... 

  God shows us THE way - the only way - to the Father and that is thru His Son …  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Dave Branon, AT THIS LINK   … quoted Charlie VanderMeer, known on Christian radio as “Uncle Charlie,” who shortly before his death in 2019 SEE THIS LINK for video about Charlie, who was quoted as saying, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. Of course, I’m talking about Jesus Christ.”  


Uncle Charlie - the radio personality  [see photo] - had the same passion as did the Apostle Paul, and that was to have as many people as possible to see and follow the truth, preached by the Scriptures above, … that the ONLY WAY to know God, the Father, is by knowing and believing His Son, King Jesus and what did on the cross to save all who would believe and surrender to follow Him as LORD [see Rom 10:9-13].  


I pray all reading here have done that and are now doing all we can to follow Him as He called us to do in Luke 9:23.  Because if we are, we’re on our way to glory.  If not, we’re on our way to hell.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, King Jesus, … for showing me the way - Your only way - to be with You in heaven. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to get know King Jesus as our LORD and Savior and the only way to heaven.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: