Thursday, May 06, 2021

May 6, 2021 … Seeking God First …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 126 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … The More I Seek You … poignantly singing of how we Christians will find our God the more we’re willing to seek His love and grace. 


Seeking God with ALL our hearts ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 88:1-2 [ESV] …  

O Lord, God of my salvation, I cry out day and night before You.    Let my prayer come before you; incline Your ear to my cry!   

… The Psalmist pleads desperately seeking God’s help.  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 88:1-13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Psalmist desperately seeks after God with hope of God’s grace being there for him.  

==============   


Reference Passag: … Proverbs 8:17  [ESV] …  

17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. 

… God thru Solomon makes it clear His desire to be found by those who seek after Him. 


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 29:13  [ESV] …  

13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.  

… God so wants us to seek and find Him;  but do we seek Him with ALL our heart.


Reference Passage: … Matthew 6:33  [ESV] …  

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

… Jesus taught that we should put God’s kingdom and His righteousness first as we seek to satisfy our hearts.  


Reference Passage: … John 14:21  [ESV] …  

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 

… Jesus makes it clear to His disciples that He can only manifest Himself in those who truly love Him and show that love thru their (our) obedience to His word. 


Reference Passage: … James 4:8  [ESV] …  

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 

… God will abide in those who abide in Him; but we must cleanse ourselves to abide in Him. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Arthur Jackson, AT THIS LINK   used the imagery of the comic strip, Peanuts where Lucy sets up her psychiatry booth, offering her help for 5 cents, …  showing how little we put our whole hearts into seeking the real help we need from the God who can provide that help. 


How often do we really seek after God’s help, … seeking after Him with desperate hearts which He must sense from us in our surrender to seek after Him?  Seldom I think.   And yet, as we read in the above scriptures - which are absolutely true - God so wants us to seek after Him, doesn’t He?  And when we do - truly with ALL our hearts - He has all the love and grace we could ever need to deal with the issues of life. 


I leave it to any reading here to see where that should lead us as we apply our hearts and live to make the decisions we need to make in seeking after God’s enabling grace. 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, King Jesus, … for being there to provide me with all I need when I’m willing to seek Your enabling grace.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to seek God’s grace by pursuing our God first for His help today.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: