Friday, May 28, 2021

May 28, 2021 … The Rainbow of Hope …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 148 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group, Elevation Worship, singing … Your Promises … poignantly singing of how we can always rely on God’s promises when we’re confronted by the challenges of this life. 


A "Brockton Spectre" experience ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Genesis 9:12-13 [ESV] …  

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: 13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 

… God, to Noah and his family, … the rainbow as a promise of God’s covenant with His creation.        

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Genesis 9:12-17 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, after the great flood, gave mankind a reminder of His covenant never to flood the earth again by giving us a rainbow as His sign of faithfulness. 

==============      


Reference Passage: … Numbers 23:19  [ESV] …   

19 … God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that He should change His mind. Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not fulfill it? 

… God is not like a man.  He will ALWAYS keep His promises.  


Reference Passage: … Deuteronomy 7:9  [ESV] …   

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations, … 

… God is faithful to keep His promises … ALWAYS!   


Reference Passage: … Psalm 33:4 [ESV] … 

6  For the word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness. 

… God thru the Psalmist promises ALWAYS to do His work faithfully. … But do we believe Him?


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 10:23 [ESV] … 

23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He Who promised is faithful. 

… We, in faith, must hold fast to the hope we have in God’s faithful promises.  

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kirsten Holmberg AT THIS LINK   … tells of Nathan, a young man who was engulfed by what is called a “Brockton Spectre,” which is a rainbow-like halo of light encircling a person (see photo).  It was a glorious experience for  the young man, … somewhat like it must have been for Noah and his family to see the first rainbow as they came out of the ark, .. receiving God’s promise to never use a flood to destroy mankind again, … His promise in the form of that first rainbow.    


You know, every time I see a rainbow, knowing the absolutely true story of the great flood and God’s promise to Noah, …. and also knowing the character of my God, whom I’ve come to believe thru His word, … I’m uplifted in faith, knowing that God’s promises - even like the rainbow - will ALWAYS be true.  And God’s ultimate promise -  thru Christ on the cross to save all of mankind - is mine to hold onto hope no matter what “flood” or disaster I may go thru. 


Oh, how I pray that we might glean a “rainbow” of hope from God’s word today which shines to remind us of God’s always true promises.    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for the hope I have from your promises to come thru any challenge I face today … yes, even if I might die. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to take in the rainbow of hope we have from our God’s promises as we face life today and tomorrow.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: