Tuesday, June 13, 2023

June 13, 2023 … Memories Behind and Glories Ahead …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 164 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Barbara Streisand singing … Memories … poignantly singing of how we create and experience new memories each day as our lives unfold in God’s care. 



============        

Highlight Passage: … Lamentations 1:1 [NLT] … 

Jerusalem, once so full of people  is now deserted.  She who was once great among the nations now sits alone like a widow.  Once the queen of all the earth, she is now a slave. 

… Jeremiah grieves and laments the exile of God’s people from Jerusalem to Babylon because of God’s wrath for the sin and idolatry of God’s chosen people.                   

                         

Highlight Passage (Context): … Lamentations 1:1, 12-13, 16-20 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK 

… Jeremiah laments over Jerusalem being abandoned when God’s chosen were exiled to Babylon by God’s wrath for their sin.                                                .                     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Trusting in God leads us to create memories in life that come from His purpose and direction.


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.   Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

… God’s promise, thru His Prophet, Isaiah, that He, The Lord, will always be there to lift up his suffering people.  


Reference Passage: …Jeremiah 29:11 [NLT] … 

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

… God’s promise and command, thru Jeremiah, that His has plans for His people which will create a hope for the future of His chosen people. 


Reference Passage: …John 16:33 [NLT] … 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”. 

… Jesus promises His disciples (and us) that we need not fear what we see in the world because HE has overcome the world.  


<b><u>Reference Passage </u>: … Romans 8:28 [NLT] … </b>

<i>  28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.  </i> 

… Paul teaches truth to fellow Christians that all things in our lives, as Christians, are created for our good and God’s glory.             

                                                                                                                          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mike Wittmer… AT THIS LINKtold of helping his family move from their old home place, leaving decades of memories behind.  And the ODB entry kindled recent memories for me as well, … having moved from our home place of 47 years recently to a new residence due to the need to downsize.  And today, being the 58th anniversary for my wife and I; … the memories are flowing freely and clearly from the past and the hope of our aging future lies clearly ahead for us.  And we are praising our God for all of it.  


As my readers reflect on your past memories and project into the future, can you join me to praise the Lord for saving us to become part of the plans He has for us in our glorious eternal future with Him?  So, reflect with me on the memories of what He has done for us already, and where He is taking us into the future to be with Him forever.  Do I sense you joining me with a resounding ”HALLELUJAH!!”   

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for memories past an a hope filled future.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to praise God for memories of what He has done to save us and where He is taking us for eternity.  … AMEN 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: