Saturday, June 17, 2023

June 17, 2023 …Heneni, Lord; send me!! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2023 - Day 168 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Marty Goetz singing … Heneni … Poignantly, yet powerfully, singing of how we respond to God’s call to follow and serve Him.  



============        

Highlight Passage: … Jeremiah 1:9 [NLT] … 

Then the LORD reached out and touched my mouth and said, ”Look, I have put my words in your mouth! … ! 

… God enables and encourages a reluctant prophet, in Jeremiah, to be the Lord’s mouth to His people.                      

                         

Highlight Passage (Context): … Jeremiah 1:4-10 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God calls Jeremiah to be Yahweh’s voice to God’s people in their time of rebellion and sin.     

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                            

Reference Passage: … Exodus 4:10-12 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God calls Moses to be His voice and Moses balks; but God shows Moses that the LORD, God, will be Moses’ voice to the people.  


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God promises His power when we’re willing to trust Him with ALL our hearts.


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, of His strength when we, as His faithful followers are surrendered to follow Him, no matter what we face.       


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:19-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 

… Jesus’s “Great Commission” to Christians and His promise to ALWAYS be with those who are so called to serve the Lord.       


Reference Passage: … Galatians 1:15-16 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul testifies to His calling to bring the Gospel to the Gentiles and his willingness to surrender to the calling.  

                                                                                                                                  

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kimya Loder … AT THIS LINK wrote about great orators in history, like Frederick Douglass, who felt called to be a voice for a great cause to change the world’s direction, … using God’s words for His glory.  


And right now, inspired by this ODB entry today, which caused me to recall a saying that I often heard a mentor of mine voice often years ago, when he  would say, ”God’s calling is His enablement!”  And I’m stopping to pray right now that all of my readers take in the linked song and the Scriptures above, which show that all REAL believers, when God calls us to be HIS voice or to serve our LORD, … HE will provide the direction and give us His words and power to be HIS servants to carry out God’s calling on our lives.  

And as the photo depicts,  … Our Lord is calling us today!  ”Will we answer the call, as Marty Goetz sings, … with a strong … HENENI !! ”         

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me and giving my Your power to serve You today.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to thank you, Lord, for Your calling us to serve You again today.  Here we are, Lord, send us!  … AMEN 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: