Friday, February 09, 2024

February 9, 2024 … Loving Like Jesus Loves

February 9, 2024 … Loving Like Jesus Loves  


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from The Rhett Walker Band singing Love Like Jesus …  powerfully singing of how we Christians must be willing to surrender our love to love others like Jesus loves us.   



==========

Highlight Passage: … Romans 13:8 [NLT] …

Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.           

… Paul calls on fellow Christians to fulfill God’s Law by loving others.  


Highlight Passage (in context)  … Romans 13:8-10 … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru the Apostle Paul, calls on fellow Christians to love others like Jesus loves them (us).                                                                       

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                               

Reference Passage: … John 3:16-17 [NLT] …   USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus describes the extent of God’s love for sinful man in that God, the Father, was willing to die to save them (us).        


Reference Passage: … John 13:34-35 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus teaches His Disciples that loving others like He loves them (us) is our calling from God. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 5:8 [NLT] …  

But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.  

… The Apostle Paul charges fellow Christians (that’s us!) to be willing to share the kind of love God has shown for us, being willing to die to share His love for others.  


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20  [NLT] …  </b>

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

… Paul shows that when fellow Christians are willing to die to self, they (we) can live to love others, Who was willing to die for us.       


Reference Passage: … 1John 4:7-8 [NLT] …   USE THIS LINK … 

…The Apostle John charges fellow Christians to share our love for one another, showing that we’re surrendered God’s love.  


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Breadv  Author , Xochitl Dixon -  AT THIS LINK -  - tells of being a new Christian and asking a Christians friend, “How can I possibly obey all God’s commands;” who responded, “Just keep reading your Bible, … and ask the Holy Spirit to help you love like Jesus loves you.”


And that is my quest in this life … to be able to love others as Jesus loved me, … being willing to surrender my self to the Savior’s love.  And my strategy to fulfill God’s call for me - as a Christian - is to saturate my mind and heart with God’s truth EVERYDAY (like the Scriptures above) …  and then pray to surrender to let God’s Spirit in me love others as He has - and does - love me.  What’s your strategy to deny your selfish nature and to love others the way Jesus loves us?        

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your love and grace to love others the way You love me.        

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to reach out today and love others, Lord, the way You love us.       Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.