Saturday, July 23, 2016

July 23, 2016: Fear? … NO! … Freedom!!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 205  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of images from Nichole Nordeman singing … Finally Free, poignantly expressing the reality of breaking free from internally directed and self-captivating fear.


Highlight Passage:  Psalm 34:4 [NKJV] …  
4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from ALL my fears. 
… Good battle plan for life, don’tcha think?
===========
Highlight Context – Psalm 34:1-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… David learned how to break free from internally captivating fears.
===========      

Reference Passage #1 … Proverbs 23: 7 [NKJV] … 
3 As a man (or woman) thinks in his [or her] heart, so is he [or she]. 
… Fear can transform us by shackling us in our selves.

Reference Passage #2 … Isaiah 26:3 [NKJV] … 
3 You [LORD] will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
… Isaiah peace plan; … and being from God, … IT WORKS!!!

Reference Passage #3 … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV] … 
6 Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 
… God’s antidote for fear and anxiety.

Reference Passage #4 … 2nd Timothy 1:7 [NKJV] …  
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
… Internally captivating fear does NOT come from God.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Keila Ochoa, relates a feeling all reading here probably have felt at one time or another. This native Mexican author wrote: Fear sneaks into my heart without permission. It paints a picture of helplessness and hopelessness. It steals my peace and my concentration. What am I fearful about? I’m concerned about the safety of my family or the health of loved ones. I panic at the loss of a job or a broken relationship. Fear turns my focus inward and reveals a heart that sometimes finds it hard to trust. 

Who hasn’t let our hearts be wrapped up or even captivated by internally-directed fears (see Proverbs 23:7)? As Solomon wrote [in Prov. 23:7] we become what we think; and when we allow fearful thoughts to shackle us, we become vulnerable to our spiritual enemies. But, … as Christians, we need to realize that God never gives us a spirit of fear [see 2nd Tim. 1:7]; … but as Paul wrote to a sometimes timid protege, God’s power and love are available to any Christian … to break the chains of fear as Nichole Nordeman so poignantly sings in the song linked above.

So, I pray that we all believe the prayer of King David [see Psalm 34:4] to seek and realize the deliverance from fear (i.e., freedom) that God has for any believer who trusts completely in King Jesus.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … I pray that all who’ve come here are in total surrender to You, O Lord, and are experiencing the freedom from fear which comers from your empowering grace.  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: