Wednesday, July 20, 2016

July 20, 2016: Light of My Life

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 202  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Debbi Boone singing her old classic hit … You Light Up My Life, poignantly expressing the light God brings into our life to give us hope in the darkness.


Highlight Passage:  Psalm 27:1 [NKJV] …  
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? … The Lord is the strength of my life; … of whom shall I be afraid? 
… No need to fear anything with the Lord lighting our way in the darkness.
===========
Highlight Context – Psalm 27:1-8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
 … Again, … King David’s trust in the living God as the light of his life.
===========      

Reference Passage #1 … Psalm 119: 105 [NKJV] …  
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
… The Psalmist knew where to find the light to walk in the darkness.

Reference Passage #2 … John 8: 12 [NKJV] …  
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” 
 … With Jesus lighting our life, we need not fear the darkness.

Reference Passage #3 … Philippians 4: 6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul exhorts Christians to lay aside any fear and take to our Lord, Who will replace our anxieties with His peace.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt use a personal illustration with which all parents can likely identify She wrote: Some young children have trouble falling asleep at night. While there may be many reasons for this, my daughter explained one of them as I turned to leave her bedroom one evening. “I’m afraid of the dark,” she said. I tried to relieve her fear, but I left a nightlight on so she could be sure that her room was monster-free. 
I didn’t think much more about my daughter’s fear until a few weeks later when my husband went on an overnight business trip. After I settled into bed, the dark seemed to press in around me. I heard a tiny noise and jumped up to investigate. It turned out to be nothing, but I finally understood my daughter’s fear when I experienced it myself. 

There are many things we could fear - and likely do - in this ever darkening world. Can I get a witness of agreement?

But our Lord’s life, captured in His word, can cast light in the darkness and take away the burden of fear.   That’s why you find me here EVERY day, shining His light of truth on my life to cast out any fears I might have.   

So, … if we meditate on the “night-light” of truth above, as I have this morning, … believing it as Christians, … we can sleep like a baby, basking in Christ as the Light of our life.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … I rest in Your Light, dear Lord.  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: