Saturday, November 12, 2016

November 12, 2016: Bread of Life

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 317  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and from an anonymous worship group singing … On Bread, One Body … singing of Christians becoming the Body in Christ and partaking of Him as the Bread of Life until we join Him in Glory.


Highlight Verse[s]: John 6:51 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …  
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” 
… Jesus declares that HE is the bread of life, from Whom we partake of His essence daily. 
============
Highlight Context: John 6:31-54 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus teaches on Who He is … the bread of life.
===========

Reference Passage … None today [NKJV] …  

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Keila Ochoa, teaches about Jesus being the “Bread of Life.” She wrote: I live in a small Mexican city where every morning and evening you can hear a distinctive cry: “Bread!” A man with a huge basket on his bike [see attached photo] offers a great variety of fresh sweet and salty breads for sale. I used to live in a bigger city, where I had to go to the bakery to buy bread. So I enjoy having fresh bread brought to my door. …
 Someone has said that evangelism is really one beggar telling another beggar where he found bread. Many of us can say, “Once I was spiritually hungry, spiritually starving because of my sins. Then I heard the good news. Someone told me where to find bread: in Jesus. And my life changed!” 

The question, I believe for me (and others), from today’s ODB entry boils down to whether we partake of God’s daily bread (i.e., His essence) every day, … and equally importantly, whether we’re sharing that bread with others who will die eternally without it. I don’t know about you, but I need to share the Bread of Life with others today.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Show me someone who needs the Bread of Life today; and help me to be willing to share it [i.e. You] with them. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: