Tuesday, November 01, 2016

November 1, 2016: Running To Our Strong Tower

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 306  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the group Kutless singing … You Are My Strong Tower … singing of how we can always run to our “Strong Tower,” … our Lord, … when we feel threatened.


Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 18:10 [NKJV] …  
10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; and the righteous run to it and are safe. 
 … I’m running to my “Strong Tower” today!!
============
Highlight Context: Proverbs 18:4-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God, thru Solomon, declares that we can always run to our “Strong Tower” when we feel threatened or weak.
===========

Reference Passage #1 …Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God, thru Solomon, passes along the trust we have in God’s arms as we run to Him for direction and peace.

Reference Passage #2 … Isaiah 26:3 [NKJV] …  
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. 
… Our peace can only be found when we trust in God and keep our focus on Him.

Reference Passage #3 … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God, thru Paul, gives His prescription for finding His peace … running to our Abba Father in prayer.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, in teaching about finding peace in our relationship with God, used a personal story for illustration. She wrote: During a walk at a local park, my children and I encountered a couple of unleashed dogs. Their owner didn’t seem to notice that one of them had begun to intimidate my son. My son tried to shoo the dog away, but the animal only became more intent on bothering him. 
Eventually, my son panicked. He bolted several yards into the distance, but the dog pursued him. The chase continued until I yelled, “Run to me!” My son doubled back, calmed down, and the dog finally decided to make mischief somewhere else. 

And today’s ODB author was spot on for most of us when we often, as Christians, feel threatened as God’s children; and we need to run to Abba Father for His protection, peace, and power. Can anyone reading here give me a witness? … Do I sense many “Amens!” coming from my readers today. Certainly I’ve been there and had to run to my Lord, sensing stress or danger.

Right now, many in our world sense terrible discord and dangers threatening us; and we often don’t know where to turn. Well, God’s invitation is always there with God’s Spirit ALWAYS THERE with open arms, calling out … ”Run to Me!” And just as our Abba Father did in Jesus’ parable of the Prodigal Father [go back and read Luke 15:11-20], He will run to us when we run to Him.

I don’t know about you; but I intend to do what Kutless sings in today’s song and run to my “Strong Tower.”

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … I run to You, Lord. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: