Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 31, 2018 … Once Separated - Now Together

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 150 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of song and lyrics from Matt Maher singing … Abide With Me … poignantly singing how we, as Christians, have been saved from our sin because our Lord, Jesus, was willing to shed His blood in shame on the cross and be separated from His Father to bring us into an eternal relationship with our God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 27:46 [NKJV] … 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” 
… For three fateful hours God, the Father, could not even look upon HIs son, who had taken on the sin of mankind; and the separation darkened the world.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 27:32-50 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK
… Jesus separated from His eternal relationship with His Father as He assumed the sins of the world. 
=============

Reference Passage : … John 3:16-17 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus separated Himself from His Father on the Cross to save ME (and you)!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dave Branon, takes his readers straight to the cross to realize what Jesus sacrificed to allow you and me to brought into fellowship with the Triune God. The ODB author wrote: The loud, sorrowful cry pierced the dark afternoon air. I imagine it drowning out the sound of mourning from friends and loved ones gathered at Jesus’s feet. It must have overwhelmed the moans of the dying criminals who flanked Jesus on both sides. And surely startled all who heard it. 
“Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” Jesus cried out in agony and in utter despondency as He hung on that cross of shame on Golgotha (Matthew 27:45–46). … “My God,” He said, “my God, why have you forsaken me?” 
I cannot think of more heart-wrenching words. Since eternity, Jesus had been in perfect fellowship with God the Father. Together they had created the universe, had fashioned mankind in their image, and planned salvation. Never in the eons past had they not been in total fellowship with each other. 

Perhaps readers here, like myself have been separated from a loved one for sometime because of relationship barriers, misunderstandings, or simply geographical separation due to circumstances. Such separation can be agonizing and painful. However, even with some degree of empathy in such circumstances, we really don’t have a clue of understanding what Jesus went thru on the cross (see photo) to take on the sins of mankind and be separated from His perfect relationship with His Father. 

But He did it … because God loves you and me so much … in spite of our sinfulness. And because He did; and because our Lord is now reunited with His Father, enthroned in Heaven, we can, thru our faith in his finished work on the cross, be united with our Triune God forever (see John 3:16-17).

Do I sense a robust HALLELUJAH!!? … But because I have received that saving grace (and I pray you as well), we can know that we’ll spend eternity with our God.

I think another PTL! is warranted, don’t you?

==============
 My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, … Abba Father … thank You for being willing to separate, at least for a time, from Your Father to save me.
 =============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I revel in what You did for me on the cross!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: