Sunday, August 25, 2019

August 25, 2019 ... “Surprise - Surprise !!”

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 237 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics with the Jeremy Camp singing The Answer ... poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, and seek and find the answers to life in our relationship with Christ.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 Corinthians 18:21 [NLT] ... 21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know Him through human wisdom, He has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 
.. God can even use man’s inferior wisdom to safe those who will believe His truth. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... God’s wisdom is so far superior to man’s; but He uses our words and our ways to convey His wisdom.
==============

Reference Passage : ... Psalm 119:105 [NLT] ... 105  Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
... The Psalmist shows us the guidebook of God’s wisdom and leading light is God’s word.

Reference Passage : ... Isaiah 55:8-9 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
... God, thru Isaiah, declares that we, using human wisdom, will never be able to fully understand God’s mind and His ways.

Reference Passage : ... Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Solomon, supposedly the wisest of all humans, declares that we should avoid trying to go thru life using just our own wisdom.

Reference Passage : ... Romans 11:33 [NLT] ... 33 Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways! 
... The Apostle Paul expresses truth about how superior God’s wisdom and His ways are when compared to man’s.

Reference Passage : ... Hebrews 7:25 [NLT] ... 25 Therefore He is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through Him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf. 
... Even with man’s limitations, God is able to save us and intercede for us in Heaven.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, refers to the growing wisdom of parents and their kids get older to illustrate our inability, as humans, to totally grasp the wisdom of God. ... The ODB author wrote: “It seems like the older I get, the wiser you become. Sometimes when I talk to my son I even hear your words coming out of my mouth!” 
My daughter’s candor made me laugh. I felt the same way about my parents and frequently found myself using their words as I raised my kids. Once I became a dad, my perspective on my parents’ wisdom changed. What I once “wrote off” as foolishness turned out to be far wiser than I had thought—I just couldn’t see it at first. 

If any reader has ever been a parent, as I have, you can probably identify with that ODB scenario. Sometimes, as our kids grew up, in discovering the wisdom of my parents about child rearing, I felt like the character Gomer Pyle, back in Mayberry, USA, when he would say, “SURPRISE, surprise, surprise!!” [see photo] 

And we probably all have had the experience of discovering the truth of the scriptures above which show how superior God’s wisdom is to our human knowledge. But thankfully, as it declares in today’s highlight passage, God can - and does - use our human wisdom and words to declare His saving truths to others (see also Heb. 7:25). And He has also given us His perfect “GPS” (God’s Positioning System) which we can trust completely for us to follow His wisdom in life [see Ps. 119:105 and Prov. 3:5-6].

Hence, you find me here each day, trying to reduce my Gomer Pyle moments, by consuming God’s “GPS” to use in my life. And I pray the same for you.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, ... for giving us Your truth to reduce our SURPRISE moments in life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me to seek to use God’s word to show us His ways and reduce the human surprises in life. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: