Wednesday, December 13, 2023

December 13, 2023… Dealing With Life’s Trials …

December 13, 2023… Dealing With Life’s Trials …   


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from Micah Tyler singing  … I See Grace …  Powerfully singing of how Christians can find mercy and grace by God to cover our past sins by the love and grace offered by Christ’s shedding His blood on the cross.  


Joseph extends God's grace to his brothers ... 

============        

Highlight Passage: … Genesis 50:20 [NLT] … 

20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.. 

… Joseph to his brothers, showing compassion and forgiving grace and recognizing that it was God who led Joseph to be able to forgive the injustices which his brothers had brought into Joseph’s life.           

Highlight Passage (in context)  …Genesis 5:15-21  USE THIS LINK 

… God’s word tells of Joseph who recognized that it was God’s overcoming grace which allowed him to handle all the trials Joseph had encountered in life.                    

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT] …USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru Solomon, exhorts believers to trust in God and to seek His will so that The Lord can (and will) lead us in life.  


Reference Passage: …Isaiah 41:10 (NLT] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand

… Thru Isaiah, God’s promise to be there for HIs people … ALWAYS .             


Reference Passage: … John 16:33 (NLT] …  

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”   

…Jesus teaches His disciples that they will encounter many trials in life but He has overcome the world’s trials.      


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:28-31 (NLT] …USE THIS LINK  

… Paul assures fellow Christians that all things - even the most challenging circumstances in their (our) lives are brought about by God for good and for God’s glory. 


Reference Passage: …1Peter 5:7 (NLT] …  

Give ALL your worries and cares to God, … for He cares about you. 

… Peter assures fellow persecuted Christians that they can - and should - take all their concerns and trials to God Who cares for them (us).         


My Devotional JournalToday’s Our Daily Bread Author , Alyson Kieda -  AT THIS LINK -   Tells of the life trials encountered and overcome by Anne Sullivan and them used the the biblical story of Joseph in the highlight passage to show that we, as born-again Christians, can - and must - recognize and trust that God will use our trials in life to learn and shape us to glorify him with our choices.  


I’m praying today that I can (and we Christians can) reflect Christ’s light, … with His forgiveness, mercy, and grace, as He has saved and is sanctifying me (and all Christians) to reflect His glorious light in this very dark world.  Joseph was a good biblical example from God’s word (see photo); and I’m praying that I (and all of us) can use Joseph’s example and be able to follow God’s light and see our lives as ones who seek to become more like Christ in dealing with the trials of life.  

   

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …for giving me the grace to let God give me His power to be a light in this world of darkness.           

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, …to reflect Your light, Lord, and to be used for Your glory.   … Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: