Saturday, December 30, 2023

December 30, 2023 … Praying For His Light

December 30, 2023 … Praying For His Light    


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in this song with lyrics from the group Casting Crowns singing Great Are You Lord …  Poignantly and yet powerfully singing of our God bringing light in our darkness. 


Seeking God' light in the darkness ... 
  

==========

Highlight Passage: …  John 12:27-28  [ESV] … 

27 “Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But this is the very reason I came! 28 Father, bring glory to Your name.” 

… Jesus, about to go to the cross, prayed that He would bring glory to His Father’s name.    


Highlight Passage (in context): … John 12:25-32  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus in His troubled walk to the cross, prays that His Father would be glorified by His walk.   

===============                                                                 .                                                                                                                                             

Reference Passage: … Psalm 27 (NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of seeking God’s strength in a time of weakness to help other believers to search for God in such times.  


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10  (NLT] … 

10  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.   

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to lift up believers with His strength when God faithful are feeling weak and afraid.  


Reference Passage: … John 16:33  (NLT] … 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”   

… Jesus, recognizing the fears of His disciples of how the world would bring them many trials, … promises He would be with them (and us)  and that He had overcome the world.     


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 1:7  (NLT] … 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.   

… The Apostle Paul teaches (and promises) Timothy - and all Christians - that any fear we might have does not come from God, but only God’s love and a strong Spirit comes from Him.  

  

Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7  (NLT] … 

Give all our worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.   

… The Apostle promises fellow Christians that they (we) can bring ALL our worries and fears to God, Who cares for all follow Him faithfully.  .                        

         

My Devotional JournalToday’s <b><i> Our Daily Bread</b></i> Author , Arthur Jackson -  AT THIS LINK -  tells of Martin Luther King in 1957, being overwhelmed with fear from death threats from those who opposed his leadership in the civil rights movement of that time.  But Dr. King prayed to God, and reported, …  “Almost at once my fears began to go. My uncertainty disappeared. I was ready to face anything.”


All of us are likely to have times when we have fears as we face the trials and darkness of life, won’t we?  So, how are we going to deal with those times of temptation or fearful trials?   Today’s ODB and God’s word (see Scriptures above) teach us God’s prescription and HIs treatment for these dark times.  And the attached photo points us to God’s answer when we’re feeling fearful; and that is to seek God’s empowering grace and His light in prayer and to receive God’s strength to cover our weakness.  But will we?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your strength when I’m feeling weak, as I am, Lord, right now. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray. again today, that all reading here will join me, … to seek Your empowering grace and Your light, Lord, when we’re feeling weak and in the darkness of this world.    … Amen  


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: